chapter 2

As Dae played my track for the group they all bumped in silence and then my verse came on.There was still no hook so the song sounded kind of strange but I just had no natural idea as to what I should put there. I already saw Dae looking for some new clips on his computer and as soon as my verse finisehd he cut the song and stared blasting Will's shit. I had done the intro track with the homie Lil Bibby and it was sounding hot. 

We got through the first 5 tracks and then people started to shuffle in and out. Dae was the on that had booked the studio so he had mad people coming in to drop stuff off for him and he siad that maybe two or three artist would stop by to record. We usually would just chill in the lounge but I was really into the album by Will so I got all the tracks transfrerred onto a flashdrive and just went to work on the songs. 

As the last song was coming up I knew that Will wanted me to get on the track with him but we hadn't freestyeld with each other in years and I knew that he would chanllenge me. At this stage of my career the one person that really made me realize that I was still a work in progress was Will. he wasn't some huge commercial success but his lyrics and natual ability always made me feel inferior. As he started to play the song I realized that he wanted me to go first and that was just calling for trouble.

Me, "Will this is your album, and your snd, Why am I going first?"

Will, "Cause this track should have more meaning to you then it does to me, so you need to start and end it"

Me, "So are you going to be on the track at all?"

will. "this is your Buried Alive Interlude, so make the most of it. Ima be on the boards"

Me "Are you serious?"

Will, "As serious as a motherfucker can be, why?"

Me, "So you're going to give me a whole song to rap on for your album, what is the label going to say?"

Will. "I don't know, nor do I care. Like lets just make some history with this shit"

Me, "Alright play me the beat"

As I listened to the song it sounded like some old Kendrick Lamar, like some Setion 80 or even some Hiigh Power shit. So my mind got stuck on trying to sound like him and Will was just cutting me off every two seconds telling me to relax. Getting on this track was probably the most mind-boggling experience for me and I wasn't sure how to do it. An hour went by and nothing was coming to my mind. I knew that Will was on a time-table and Dae had to get the album mastered by the end of the week so it was crunch time. I wasn't a heavy drinker but a couple spiffs of the weed would do me good. I went to go and find Travis because he always had the good stuff. 

Homie was rollin up when I dropped off by him and I took some and next thing I knew I was knocked out. When I woke up I had like sweat all up on me and my mind was racing. I went to find Will but it was like everything was spinning in my head. Before I could make it to the door I was already on the floor and it felt like someone knocked the shit out of me. Then I felt someone come and pick me up.

Carter, "Travis what the fuck did you give him? He's over here dying on the floor and no one  even opens their eyes"

Travis, "Yo my homeboy bought this shit for me. I don't even know what it is but it do me right"

Will, "Trav come on you know J can't be mixin shit like that. He be breathin mad hard and that shit don't mix well with the lean"

Travis, "What lean? I ain't give him that"

Will, "Travis shut the fuck up, you actin like a lil nigga now, you most def saw him come up in here with his shit and you givin him mixed blunts"

Travis, "I have no idea what you're talkin about. I don't know what lean you're talking about and I don't mix my shit. The nigga didn't ask for anything special so I gave him what I was smokin. He need to be more careful"

Will, "When J come for you high like a kite and you falling into a sleep don't expect me to come and get you. You done messed with the dragon and you're not gonna like the amount of fire"

Me, "Travis I'ma kill you next time you do that. Carter told me that you're a wild mofo but don't mess with me like that. I don't play that shit"

Travis, "It was an honest mistake, I had no idea you were already mixing shit and then you end up on the floor like a zombie. That's me on a normal basis"

Will, "Okay, look we need to get back on the track. I got my producer Cai coming over to finish up the track"

Me, "What about Dae? Isn't he executive?"

Will, "No, I'm a roamer. everyone knows that I do like a diff producer for every track. Plus Dae stay shcemin with you and Amari too much. I can't never get that nigga to come out to the west coast"

Me, "You must be out your mind cause he never out in NY. Like I had to beg that nigga to come and see me out there"

Amari, "Hey Dae said that he got somone for you out in studio 1. I think he was talking about you J"

Me, "Amari, right Daequan is never out in NY. Like we had to hustle him to come out"

Amari, "That nigga stay traveling. I went through his phone and he was all like "going to paris for the week", I swear people be blowin up his ego"

Travis, "This the same nigga that still wears Addidas tracksuites and has the pants that rip at the side. He need himself a stylist"

Dae, "Yo the pants are the best shit in the world. Don't be hatin cause you can't be like me. J I got a guest for you, and Will get that track to me by the time we leave the studio tonight ot you won't be able to get mastered with the rest of the album. I gotta catch a 7am flight to Vancouver to work with Kendrick so get at it"

Me, "Dae you need to calm down. I have an agenda too and my greatness can't be rushed"

Dae, "Last time I heard you didn't make exceptions to your rap progress so use some of that magic and get my shit done or I'm out"

As I made my way baack into studio 1 I saw Cole on the couch. He looked ready to go  but I wanted to change my verse on the track. Dae started to play the updated one from this morning and as he re-played it I liked the song even more.  Cole looked impresed and he went in and took a couple takes at it. Dae was palying me some clips that he wanted to put into the song and that's when I got the idea for the hook. I knew that Cole was friends with Miguel so I was hoping that he could either email or get into the studio. I told Dae the lyrics and he wrote then down, then started making the call.

Within three hours the song was completely done and I was starting to get a bit confused as to what Dae was doing. He had so many people rolling in and out and then the songs had similair titles I just hoped that he wasn't confused. Then that made me think about what I was going to do with my album. I hadn't talked to anyone and my mmanager was non-existant so that meant some serious work had to go on. I was going to spend my days just partying and hanging but I would have to pull some management meetings in and get a call through to the label.