Chapter 5

10 minutes later 

Me, "So when do you get off of work?"

Nadya, "I have to work until closing and then I have class at like 8"

Me, "Listen you're a cool chick and I wanna hang with you another time. Ima give you my number and you tell me when you're ready to be with me"

Nadya, "Who said that I wanted to be your friend? Like I don't know anything about you"

Me, "Well that's why you need to come and hang with me and my boys. Im'a show you all that I'm about"

Nadya, "I go to school every day and then on the weekends I'm here tryna make some money. I don't have much time to just take off. I gotta support my son"

Me, "How old is your son?"

Nadya, "He's going to be 3 in a couple days.  I'm tryna get the Zoo to throw him a party but the deposit is so much"

Me, "The zoo? I know mad kids, well I know what lil kids like and they don't have any interest in the zoo, take that boy to the amusment park or somethin. I'm sure he likes cars"

Nadya, "You have kids too?"

Me, "No, but I got a huge family and grew to know what kids like and don't like. What's his name?"

Nadya, "Zion. You wanna see a pic?"

Me. "Okay, lemme see what this bad boy looks like"

Nadya, "Listen I shouldn't be doing this. I don't know you. Look I have to get back to work but it was nice meeting you"

Me, "No, Ima pay you for the rest of your work day. Let's get outta here. I'm sure that lil boy is waitin for you to come back home and give him a kiss on his forehead"

Nadya, "No he's at my mom's place and she got my sisters kids there too. He's good around them"

Me, "Okay, so we can get outa here and go eat, I know you haven't had a proper meal for the night"

Nadya, "It's like almost 2 in the morning, where are we going to eat?"

Me, "I hadn't thought about it but I got a nice kitchen, I can cook some shit"

Nadya, "Listen how do you know I'm not some groupie that's gonna try and steal some shit from you"

Me, "I don't know that but I like you and I want to know you even more so I just gotta trust you"

Nadya, "I would honestly love too but I can't just leave, I may get fired and then I may not be able to find work"

Me. "Listen don't worry about that shit, like I got you. I'm all for the independent woman but focus on your education and get that college money baby. You worth too much to be up in here"

Nadya, "I'm not charity and I don't take money from people that I don't know. I can do me, I've been doing it for a minute"

Me, "I didn't say anything about you being charity. I want you to be enjoyin life and that doesn't mean I'm saying quit your job and do whatever the fuck you want. I was just saying that if you did get fired for leaving this place then I would pay you for that time. Like don't think I'ma leave you in the dust or something"

Nadya, "You're too innocent and sweet for your own good. Like that's going to mess you up but I'm not gonna be that chick for you. You wanna pay my shit then let's bounce"

Me, "Okay but I got some homeboys with me. We got like three trucks but lemme say good-bye"

Nadya, "take your time. I gotta get my stuff"