Hatake Kakashi: Fascination: Part XVI

|| [Hatake] : Fascination : [Kakashi] || [Part XVI] ||

--

Kakashi and Raiga had just crossed the ‘Great Naruto Bridge’, Kakashi resisting the memories of fighting Zabuza and Haku; feeling very glad that he didn’t have to repeat that mission.  He hadn’t been able to sense Oriko’s presence at all since she left them a few hours ago; they were walking through the streets of the wave country Kakashi keeping his senses wide open for any shinobi. 

He eventually turned Raiga down a small alley which led out onto a deserted dock, he didn’t see anyone around and decided to walk a little way out onto the dock.  Kakashi wanted to check that Oriko was indeed hiding somewhere but was obviously unable…he just hoped that the Mist shinobi would show up soon. 

“So you’ll hand me over, just like that?” Raiga asked eventually,

“If all goes well,”

“Hey,” Raiga stated, catching Kakashi’s attention, “Will you tell Oriko something for me?”

“Hmm?”

“Tell her ‘thank you’,” Kakashi nodded, although he didn’t meet Raiga’s eyes, nor did he really understand what Raiga was talking about, but he would grant the request.

“Konoha Shinobi, is that Kurosuki Raiga you are holding captive?”

“Hai, please address yourself,” Kakashi responded, stepping back into a fighting stance as a figure approached from the water, he walked slowly and eventually made it onto the edge of the dock, staring at the pair with a wide grin. 

“Excellent, I will now take custody of Raiga,”

“Ohh! Its Shinji!” Raiga suddenly exclaimed excitedly,

“Silence.  We will walk towards the centre of the dock;”

“Agreed,” Kakashi took a step, and almost had to tug Raiga behind him who was less than agreeing; The Mist shinobi stood with a stern, blank look; he had dark blue hair, wide green eyes but an otherwise plain face, he grabbed Raiga’s upper arm and dragged him out of Kakashi’s grasp. 

“Hi, Shinji!” Raiga grinned,

“Shut it, you nitwit;” Shinji’s response seemed to be far less welcoming than Raiga’s; Kakashi shot one last look at a sadder nin than he’d seen for the past few days, it didn’t quite sit right with Kakashi, but Raiga annoyed him too, and neither could he do anything to change the present situation for the better.

Kakashi stepped back a little, and the two Mist nin followed as they soon both darted away, Kakashi resisting the urge to reveal his Sharingan to scout the area.  As he leapt away and was soon back at the bridge and crossing it in a flash, he began wondering about a contingency plan if Oriko never showed.  He landed on the far side of the bridge, and ran for a little while. 

Oriko had followed Kakashi exactly as ordered as they ran through the trees, and was matching his pace on the way back, but didn’t want to catch up to him just yet. 

Something however, wasn’t quite right, she could sense another presence approaching Kakashi from behind, Oriko prepared her card Jutsu as she increased her pace, to where she could easily leap in.  A shinobi caught up to Kakashi quickly with a long sword drawn; the nin suddenly leapt aside, and gained momentum as he prepared to land on Kakashi from above. 

Oriko couldn’t risk jumping the gun and so waited for a little longer, although the attacking shinobi was silent, Kakashi wasn’t one to miss such an obvious attack so Oriko instead focused on the surround to make sure that the nin didn’t have any back-up.