Why So Sad?

[ Lucy's POV ]

I didn't want to leave him, I didn't want to leave anybody. I didn't want my time to come! But maybe it doesn't, or maybe it does, what do I do then? Well, we'll just have to see what happens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jim was by my side, McCoy on the other hand had disappeared. Spock was staring at Jim and me, his expression on his face was normal, but I could see in his eyes that he was worried about me and Jim.

"Jim," I said weakly,"don't cry, please, I'll be ok."

Jim let out a slight laugh.

"Every thing won't be ok Lucy," Jim said to me,"and you know that."

"I'm just trying to hopefully make you feel better." I forced a smile.

Jim started to cry, tears ran down his face.

"You can't die!" Jim cried.

"Some people have to," I said calmly.

I reached for Jim's hand, but when I touched his hand, I saw a vision. I could see Khan standing over something or someone, he had a vial of his blood. Then he took a syringe, sucked up some of his blood, and stuck the needle in the persons arm. They gasped for air, then they passed out. Then Khan left the room.

The vision ended. I was shocked. Jim was looking at me with worried eyes. I was going to tell him what happened, but I didn't.

My vision became dark for a split second, then it was normal.

McCoy was now back in the room. He walked over towards me, Jim and Spock. Uhura and Sulu were now standing by my side as well.

My eyelids felt heavy, and I could hear my heartbeat slowing down.

I looked towards Jim with fear in my eyes, what if I wasn't ready to die!

"I'm g-going to miss y-you Jim," I managed to say.

"No, don't say that please!" Jim grabbed my hand and squeezed it.

"My t-time is u-up," I coughed.

Suddenly I felt light, I felt happy and safe and strangely warm.

I looked at Jim, he looked at me, and a single tear fell down my cheek and landed on his hand.

Jim couldn't stop crying.

My last words were,

"I love you Jim, you're the best brother I could ever have." My voice was soft and quiet.

Then the last breath of air escaped my lips, my whole body became limp, and my eyes slowly closed.

[ Jim's POV ]

"NOOOOOOOO!!!" I shouted as tears fell down my face.

I slumped against the couch.

Uhura had walked away with Sulu, Spock stood there, staring at Lucy's body, and McCoy had turned around so I couldn't see him.

Doctors came into the room, they had a body bag.

I slowly got up off the floor, and stood next to McCoy.