chapter dos

I groan as the light shines through the blinds. I stretch and hit something. "What the fuck." Zaire mumbles waking up. I realize I hit him in the nose. "I'm sorry." He looks at me and shakes his head. I get up and walk into the attached bathroom. I brush my teeth and wash my face fully waking up. "You gotta work today?" he asks sitting up. I nod.

I walk into my kitchen and wash my hands in the sink. I take out the bacon and eggs. I get out a pan and begin frying the bacon while I mix the eggs. I add salt, pepper, and cheddar cheese to the eggs. Zaire comes into the kitchen and sits down at the island. "Awe, are you cooking for me?" I turn to him and nod. "I'm the best little sister ever."

"Zaree, what do you think about me rapping?" I take out the three pieces of bacon that were frying and put them on a plate with a napkin over top. "That would be cool, as long as you aren't wack." He laughs but I keep a straight face. "I gotta find somebody that can help me out." Hearing that, my mind drifts off to the conversation I had with Esco. "I could help with that."

I turn to see him shaking his head. "Nah I wanna do it by myself." I nod and begin making the eggs. "Do you need to go to the trap today?" I ask him. "Mmhm." he hums. "Can I come?" I hear what sounds like his phone being set on the counter. "For what?" I roll my eyes turning to see him. "Because it's fun and exciting. Adds some flavor to my life."

"You're a stripper and you don't think your life has enough flavor?" I nod knowing he didn't mean any harm by it. "It's so boring. All I do is dance on a pole and grind on niggas. The only difference between working and going to the club with friends is that I get paid for going to work." He chuckles. "Zaree, you're crazy."

I make both of our plates and cut the stove off. I sit down next to him at the island. I say grace and begin to eat. "This bacon is good as fuck." he says chewing. I take a bite of my eggs and moan in my mouth. He turns to me with a weird expression. "Can you not?" I bust out laughing and almost choke on my food.

I stand up quickly to go retrieve my phone. I find the iPhone 7 on my dresser where Zaire put it. I turn it on seeing notifications from my Instagram, Snapchat, and a few texts.

Mom:

Can you come see me today? I haven't seen you in awhile.

Kleo:

Are you working tonight?

I respond to both of them with a yes. Kleo is a very close friend of mine and I love her to death. She's a stripper too but at a different club. I met her back in middle school. Like me, her parents couldn't afford to send her to college and she lost all hope.

"When you're done eating, go shower and shit. I'll be back to get you in thirty minutes." I nod and watch him put his plate in the sink. He hugs me and then leaves out. I finish up and put my plate in the sink as well. I'll wash the dishes later. I walk back down the hall into my room then the bathroom.

I quickly shower and lotion then spray on some perfume. I put my VS underwear and bra set on followed by my black VS tights, white VS shirt, and my white Adidas superstars. I grab my phone and head to my living room. I take a seat on the white leather couch and relax. My phone starts ringing so I answer it without looking at the ID.

"Hello?" I sit up and put my head in my hand. "I'm downstairs." I hang up and walk over to the door. I open it and step out, closing it behind me. I lock both of the locks then proceed to the elevator. I get outside and I find Zaire's Range waiting on me. He's now dressed in black joggers, a white t-shirt, and the Barcelona Nights Jordan 7's.

"Hey." I greet as I slide into the passenger's seat. He gives me a nod before putting his phone in the cup holder and putting the car in drive. I watch as his tatted up arms reach forward to move the steering wheel. "I think I'm gonna get a tattoo soon." I look out the window as we get onto the highway. "Where?" I shrug. "My thigh, back, wrist. Somewhere on a limb."