chapter treinta y cuatro

HAPPY MIL.

<>

"What time are we leaving for the wedding tomorrow?" I ask Zaire sitting on the couch next to him. "Eleven. Try to leave a little earlier tonight." I nod. "I shall try. Love you." I lean over and kiss his cheek. "Don't kiss me with those stripper lips." I laugh and hold his face to kiss him more. "I love you!" I say standing up and running to the front door so he can't hit me.

"You better hurry back! I'm tired of being in this house by myself. You leave me with these bastards every night." I laugh and walk out the door. I lock it and head over to my truck. I start the car and buckle myself in as my phone starts ringing. My breathing stops seeing Will's name. "Hello?" I pull off and use one hand to steer.

"Wassup? You good? How is Zaire?" I bite my lip. "We good. Your daughter has been asking about you." I hear him sigh. "I'm gonna try to come down there to see y'all soon. How was Trinidad?" I sigh. "It was good I guess. How's Vegas?" His background gets louder. "Umm...it's been tiring."

I pull into the club parking lot. "Oh foreal? I heard you've been putting on some good shows out there." He laughs. "Yea but Imma get at you later. I'm bout to go on right now. I sent you some money by the way." He hangs up. I get out the car and stop to talk to Brandon. "Hey, I haven't seen you in forever." I say hugging him.

"Yea I took off because school was getting too stressful. I graduated in May though so I'm back." I nod. "Congratulations." He licks his lips and I realize his braces are gone. "You got them off." He nods and smiles. "Feels good to be able to really touch my teeth now." I nod. "Well Imma see you later. You know I'm head dancer now."

He nods. "Who else would it be?" I shrug and he opens the door for me. I thank him and go to the dressing room. I take off my coverup and freshen myself up. I walk up to the VIP to see who's here tonight. The guard pulls the rope up for me and lets me through. I scope out who's here. I head back down to check the main floor.

I go into the dressing room to speak to all the girls. "Hey y'all. I hope everybody's doing good tonight. Upstairs, we got Shy Glizzy. Montana of 300 is on the main floor. Is anybody missing tonight?" I ask out loud going to check the schedule. "Where is Daija?" The door opens and she comes in with money in her hands. "Here."

I nod. "Y'all good to go then." They all file out and I follow behind. I stop at Calvin's office and knock. "Come in." I walk in. "Heeeeyyy." I drag out going to hug him. "Wassup top dancer? You on the come up girl." I nod. "I know right." I laugh and spin around. "Girl go get yo money and quit bothering me." He laughs. "Ok I better see you out here cause they be out here fighting."

I walk out to go give some dances. After that I head up to VIP. "I'm just saying Daija, he should've been told me she was pregnant." She nods. "Yea I understand even though I'm still single." I chuckle. This boy walks up to us. "Seduction, can I get your number?" I laugh and shake my head. "Sorry I got a man." He walks off with a frown.

"Are you a Cancer? Because you a disease to these niggas. Spreadin' like ebola." I laugh at her. "You so corny but actually I am a Cancer. June twenty seventh baby." I say sticking my tongue out. The guard brings the rope up and I walk straight towards Shy Glizzy. I now have a reserved spot for the VIP section. Before, all the girls would go up and there wouldn't be any space but now I have to have a spot.

These perks are great. "Hey." I say putting my hand on his shoulder and running it down his chest. He looks up at me. "Hey." I calmly sit down on his lap as he smokes. "Why are you all alone?" I ask looking around. All his dudes have bitches in their laps and he's being a loner. He shrugs. "Zaree, right? You've been going around..." He looks me up and down.