chapter treinta y uno

DOS DAYS LATER.

<>

"Can we take a picture with you? You're so pretty." This girls says coming up to me. I smile. "Thank you. Kleo take this picture." The girl hands Kleo her phone. I get in my little pose in the middle of them.

 I get in my little pose in the middle of them

"Can I get one by myself too?" She asks. I nod. "Of course." We get back into position to take the picture.

" We get back into position to take the picture

"Thanks again. You're so pretty." She says. I start feeling like she might swing both ways. She keeps saying I'm pretty. "You from here?" I ask her. She shakes her head. "Nah actually I'm from the Dominican Republic. Visiting family and vacationing." I nod. "I love your hair." I tell her. "Thanks. Wait what's your name?"

"Zaree. How bout you?" She nods, "Sierra. You Hispanic too? I can see it a little." I nod. "Half Puerto Rican." Kleo looks at me crazy. "Ayeeee." Sierra says laughing. "Hi, I'm Kassandra but everybody calls me Kleo." Kleo extends her hand. Sierra shakes it. "You're so pretty too." Kleo nods smiling. "Thank you." My phone starts ringing so I step back to let them finish talking.

I answer the phone and put my hand up to my other ear to block out the music of this loud ass club. "Hello?" I start making my way to the bathroom. I know I shouldn't walk off by myself but I don't feel like bothering Kleo. "Is this Zaree Smith?" I stand in the bathroom. "Yes, who's this?" I look around at all the girls looking at me. "Your brother, Zaire, has been shot. I was informed you are out of the country but you still needed to be called."

"What?" I raise my voice and roll my eyes at the girls staring. "He is now in surgery and-" I hang up. I dial Cameron's number. "Zaree, you need to get down here quick." He says after he answers. "I know, I know. I'm gonna try to be on the next flight." I can feel my eyes watering. "I think he's gonna be okay. He was bleeding pretty bad but I'm sure he'll be fine."

"I'll call you later." I hang up and let the tears fall. I don't even bother fixing myself up as I go find Kleo, Sierra, and her girls. "What's wrong?" Sierra asks seeing me first. Kleo turns around. "Zaree, what's going on? Where were you?" I wipe my face but the tears keep coming. "I went to the bathroom. Zaire's best friend called me. He got shot. We have to go home."