chapter treinta y nueve

It had been some weeks since Zaire got shot and he wasn't doing so well. I'm actually at his house right now to make sure he's okay. "Zaire, look. We never opened this."

I hand him the envelope with the DNA results. "Ion even wanna open this shit...Levi Smith?" He hands it back to me and I start opening it. I skip over all the mess and smile.

0.00% match.

"How many nephews you got Zar?" He asks taking a deep breath. I smile at him. "Three." He sighs. "Damn." I bust out laughing. "I'm joking. I have two, Stephen and Matthew." He nods.

"You wrong for that. I thought I had another little boy." I shake my head. "What were you messing with her for in the first place?" He shrugs. "Easy pussy." I shake my head at him. "Where's yo nigga at?"

"With his baby mama." He gives me a look. "Oh so it's his baby?" I shrug. "They haven't taken a test." The look on his face shows just how he feels and lowkey how I feel too. "The little boy is like four months now. He kind of looks like him."

Tasjia had DJ a couple months ago and of course, the baby was always around now. It seemed Dante and I weren't spending that much time together. I tried to stay a few feet away from the baby. I haven't even held him. I try to keep Riah a few steps back too.

I don't know why but I just don't wanna accept that my boyfriend has another kid now. We've been dating for ten months, almost a year and I honestly thought it would just be me, him, and Xariah. Tasjia was always around and I didn't know what to do.

But even when Dante was around, he always treated me nice. The sex had stopped again but when we were around our conversations were deep and he really helped after Zaire got shot.

"You need to talk to him and tell him how you feel." I shake my head. "Don't tell me what to do when your shit isn't even together. Still on the damn streets." Zaire turns to look at me.

"Gotta bring that up every time, don't you?" I nod quickly. "Yup." He starts going off on me and me being me, I argue back. "Fuck it, I'm done." I tell him getting my shit to go after we go back and forth for a little.

"Yea walk up out my life again. You always running." He says and I ignore him continuing out the door. I get into my car and start it up. I take a couple deep breaths and rest my head on the steering wheel.

My tears come down and I sniffle wiping at my face. Hearing taps at my window, I look up to see Zaire. He opens the door and hugs me tight. "We gotta stop arguing. We can't go back to normal? I miss seeing you all the time and helping with Xariah."

I shake my head against his chest. "No. I don't wanna talk until you're out." He nods and continues rubbing my back to calm me down. "Can you please be more careful? I really thought you were gone last time. Twice in just a couple months." I look down at the brace on his leg. The bullet in the other leg did nothing but this one fucked him up.

"Yes." Once I calm down, we say our goodbyes and I head on home. Halfway across town, my phone rings. "Hello?" I stop at the light. "Hey. Don't forget I'm taking you out on a date tonight. Dress cute but not too cute."

"Ok, when are you gonna be home?" I ask Dante as I turn onto the highway. "Couple minutes. I'm pulling up now." I nod like he can see me. "I'll be there in like twenty five minutes. Love you, bye."

"Love you too." I get home right around when I said I would. I come in the house and hear absolutely nothing. Xariah is spending the weekend with my mom but Dante should be home. I saw his car.

I walk upstairs slowly. "Bae!" I shout going into the room. I find him picking clothes out with a towel wrapped around his waist. "Wassup?" He turns around to look at me. I avoid touching him as I lean up and kiss him.