chapter treinta y dos

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" I ask Zaire after helping him into his bed upstairs. The doctors suggested he stay a little longer but he insisted on going home and I'm gonna be his personal nurse. "Yea girl go get ready. Where my sons at?" I shrug. "They were downstairs earlier." I say tucking him in.

"Remember what the doctor told you." I tell him as he turns his TV on. "Yea yea whatever. You acting like I got shot in the legs." I scrunch my face up. "Well I wouldn't be acting like this if you hadn't gotten shot at all." He gives me that look telling me to drop it. I scoff and walk out the door. "Stephen, Matthew, get ready for bed!" I shout down the stairs. I hear the TV turn off and footsteps.

I bite my lip and walk into my own room. Xariah is sitting on my bed watching Little Einsteins. She mumbles the words to the song as they do the intro. I grab my phone off my nightstand and scroll through some notifications. I look at what one girl tagged me in.

balleralert:

Zaire Smith reported to be in the hospital after being shot. His younger sister Zaree apparently still partying in Trinidad.

I laugh and go on my snap. I take a quick snap and caption it "Zaire's fine guys and I'm back in ATL with him." I roll my eyes after posting it. I bite my lip thinking about Zaire. He won't tell me what happened and I'm out here looking like a fool. I don't think it's fair that Cameron and Aidon know. I know they're all close but still, I'm his damn sister.

I start picking out clothes to wear, making sure Xariah doesn't see. I go into the bathroom and lock the door behind me. She knows how to open doors so I gotta make sure she doesn't see anything she shouldn't. I turn my music on and smirk. "It may not mean nothing to y'all, but understand nothing was done for me." I mumble undressing myself.

I get into the shower and scrub all down my body. The song changes to Whatever You Need. I honestly don't see the hype about this song. I think it's because Chris Brown has the hook or whatever, but Meek's verse is not all that. I rinse myself off and soap up again. I rinse again before stepping out. I get dressed in some lingerie before throwing a warm up over it.

I zip my hoodie up before unlocking the door and stepping into my room. Xariah is now playing on her iPad. I sit on the bed to put my socks on. I lace my elevens up before picking her up. "You ready for bed?" She shakes her head and starts whining trying to get down. Damn, I remember when Xariah wouldn't let me put her down but now she's whining for me to put her down.

I feel like she's growing up so fast. I can remember when I first found out I was pregnant with her and now she's a walking barely talking one year old. It feels like I blinked and she was turning one.

I continue walking to her room and put her in her crib. She already bathed so she'll be fine. "Zaree!" I hear Zai yell from down the hall. I leave her there and walk into his room. "Yes?" I ask dryly. "Fix ya attitude and bring my baby in here." I roll my eyes and go get her. I was supposed to be at the club at five pm but then I had to go get Zai from the hospital.

Being head dancer means I have to check to make sure everybody is there and work alongside with whichever manager is on the clock. I'm still gonna be dancing on the pole, giving lap dances, and of course private shows. I'll usually be the girl to go to private parties outside of the club to dance as well.

Sighing, I pick Xariah up as she cries. She continues crying as I walk back down the hall to his room. I sit Riah down next to Zai and she cuddles up next to him. "Now get out my house." He says. "Bye." I say before grabbing my duffle out my room and heading out the house. I step up into my truck and push the start button.

Youngboy Never Broke Again starts playing. I turn it down a little and buckle myself in. I pull away from the house and sigh seeing it's already nine thirty. Most of the time Melanie comes in early because some girls come in the early night around six to dance for the dudes that come in right after work. I pull up to the club, hop out, and rush in.