chapter diez

"I'm not going out tonight." I tell Melanie as we relax on a couch in the VIP section. "Good. I don't want you out there and Magic is gonna say something soon." I nod as we scan the club. "I can't wait to pop this baby out." She says before sipping her water. "I feel you and I'm in my first trimester still."

She playfully rolls her eyes. Kid Ink and his crew are up here but I pay little attention to his presence. He's a good rapper but he's no Drake. "Wait till you get to where I am." She mumbles with a head shake. "This is your second baby right?" She nods. "My son Logan turns seven in three months. I'm gonna have two kids and hopefully this isn't a girl." She rolls her eyes with a little chuckle. I think it's cute that she made his first name her maiden name so it's still somewhere in the family when they get married.

"So not to be rude or anything, but where's the father? I don't think I've ever met him." He never showed up to the dinner she planned and I've never seen him around here. "Working his ass off and probably cheating on me." I look over at her as she plays with her ring. It's really pretty but it doesn't compliment her style. She's a bad bitch for sure but her ring is more classy. It would fit a traditional white girl.

"Leave him." I blurt out. "Wha-Oh no. I can't. Two kids? By myself? No. That's just an ultimate no." She glances around the club. "Shit." I look where she's looking to see two of the girls fighting. One is completely naked while the other has on a bikini but the top is messed up. It looks like it's been pulled at causing one of her boobs to fall out. I laugh at the sight. I watch as they swing at each other while being carried away by security.

"These bitches man." Melanie mumbles pulling her phone out. "Always some damn drama in this club." I laugh at how upset she just got. "So how is your cute ass brother doing?" She asks after putting her phone up. "Ewe and he's fine." She smirks. "That's for damn sure." I laugh and she joins me. The laughter dies out and we sit in silence. "I'm gonna head out." I say standing up.

"I would be too but my fiancé isn't answering the phone. He's supposed to pick me up." I frown. "I can drop you off. Come on." She nods and follows me down the steps to the dressing room. She waits for me to change and I lead her out to my car. We both get in and I throw my bag into the backseat. "Where's your house?" I start the car up. "I live over there by Daija."

I nod and drive in that direction. She instructs me on how to get there. I pull into the small driveway and she quickly gets out. "Thank you." She closes the door and I watch her walk up the steps. I wait for her to get in before backing out into the street. I pull out the neighborhood and my phone starts ringing. I pull it out the cup holder and answer it.

"Hello?" I make a turn and turn the radio all the way down. "Can you come get the boys? Carmen's fiancé just dropped them off out of nowhere and I'm about to go make some drops." I sigh and glance at the dash for the time. It's three am, that bitch has problems. "Yes Zaire. I will be there in thirty minutes."

I roll my eyes and hang up. I turn the music back up as Still Here by Drake plays. A few minutes later, I'm pulling into his driveway. I hop out the car, leaving it on. I walk up to the door and raise my hand to knock. I pause when my phone dings. I pull it out my pocket to look at it.

BigBrotherZ:

Nevermind. One of my boys' babymamas is taking them.

I angrily stuff my phone in my back pocket and bang on the door. It's damn three am and I just got off work. I don't have time to be playing with Zaire. He swings it open. I fold my arms and put my weight on my right foot. "Why the hell are you playing with me at three am?" I look him up and down. He's shirtless, I'm not sure why, with sweatshorts on and socks. "My bad."

"You don't even look like you're about to leave. Where are they at?" I peek around him into the house but just see his dogs sitting behind him. The house is really quiet. "Already gone." I look back at him as he rubs his face and sighs. I give him a long hug. I know he's going through it right now with Carmen. We pull away and I look up at him. "Go turn my car off for me. I'm not leaving until you do."