chapter ocho

"You're pregnant?" My mom squeals. "By who?" I sigh. "Have you heard of DJ Esco?" She shakes her head. I take my phone out and show her the Too Much Sauce video. "He's the lightskin boy?" I nod my head. "Oh he's kinda cute." My father gives her a look.

"When did this happen?" I think for a second. "A couple weeks ago. He's on tour now and I don't know how I'm gonna tell him." She nods with a huge smile on her face. "Are you guys dating?" I feel Zaire shift beside me and I shake my head. "We decided it would be better if he and I weren't together."

She frowns. "Well can I still meet him?" I shrug. "I'll have to ask him mom." She nods. She leans over and begins rubbing my stomach. "I had a dream about fishes the other day. I was praying it wasn't Zaire. You know he needs to settle down before he has anymore kids." I chuckle and nod in agreement. I look over at him as he grins.

"Speaking of kids, when are you gonna bring my grandsons over here?" Zaire shrugs. "Do you want them to come over for the weekend? I'm sure Carmen wouldn't mind. She's busy entertaining her new nigga and getting ready for her new baby." I look at him as a look of sadness crosses his face. My mom's mouth opens. "She's pregnant?" He nods. "Yea her little girl is due in like three weeks."

"Woah." I mumble. I must've missed those pictures on Instagram. "How are the boys taking that?" He chuckles. "They both hate it. Neither want a new sibling. Stephen asked me why her boyfriend is there and not me. Then he asked if I'm gonna come around to see the baby once she's here. He said he doesn't wanna be a big brother again and he doesn't like her boyfriend." He chuckles again but I can tell he's hurt. We all stay silent.

"Well Zaree...and Zaire, I'm here if you two need me." I nod my head. "I'm gonna go. I need to speak to my boss, Kleo, and try to get ahold of the father." Both of my parents nod. Even though my dad hasn't said much, I know he's worried since I'm still his little girl. We all stand up and they walk us to the door. They both hug me and Zaire before we leave.

On our way back to my condo, we stop for my pills and for breakfast. I walk to my door with the McDonald's bag in hand. I open the door up and close it behind me. I lock it and kick my shoes off. I know the doctor told me to eat healthy but I'm very upset right now. I sit down at the island in my kitchen and begin getting out my food. I sip my orange juice as I press Kleo's name. I put the phone on speaker and listen to it ring.

"Hello?" I put my juice down. "Hey. I need to talk to you about something." I can tell she just woke up. "What's up?" I sigh and lean my head on my hand. "Zaire and I went to the clinic today. And we found out that I am pregnant." She stays silent for a minute. "What?"

"You heard me Kleo." I hear a lot of movement before she speaks again. "Oh shit...Did you try to call him?" I wipe my eye and sit up straight. "No I called you first. I'm gonna call him now." She gives me an ok and I hang up. I dial the number he left in my phone and wait. "The number you have called has been disconnected."

I hang up and sigh. "Wow." I mumble before eating my hash brown. "Ain't this some shit little baby?" I rub my stomach as I eat and think about how my life is gonna change. I've dreamed of being a mother but as I grew older, those dreams seemed to get farther and farther from reality.

Everyone around me has kids and is in relationships or at least getting sex. Kleo's little boy, Rico, is already five and going to school and don't get me started on my bad ass nephews. Rico actually lives with Aidon's mom since she thought neither of them could handle a child and Kleo's mom doesn't always agree with her.

<>

"Bitch! I'm telling you." I shake my head and laugh at Kleo. "Just fly your ass down to the next tour stop and get backstage hoe. As soon as he sees you, it's over. Hand him some ultrasound pictures and just walk right out that bitch. Issa savage baby mama." I double over in laughter. "I haven't even had my first ultrasound done yet."