chapter cuarenta y uno

"Zaree, get up." Will says tapping me. "Just give me another hour." I mumble rolling over. He shakes his head. "Nah we gotta take Riah to school." I sigh and start getting out the bed. "Fine." I take a quick shower and get dressed in some old clothes.

I head downstairs and see Will grabbing Riah's bookbag. I peek into the kitchen to see her sitting on the stool eating yogurt. I can tell she's well rested. Once she's done, I help her down from the stool and throw her trash away.

I follow behind Will as we leave his house. I feel so weird after what happened last night. That was a one time thing and it won't happen again. "Zaree."

"Huh?" Will gives me a weird look as I stand outside the car. "Are you gonna get in?" I nod and open the door realizing he's already buckled her in.

The whole ride to her school is silent. Once we get there, I get out and walk her into her class. I greet her teacher and watch her run over to another little girl.

"Thank you Ms. Smith." Her teacher tells me. I smile at her and walk out the room. I hurry back to the car, knowing Will is probably getting impatient. I get into the car and he looks over at me.

"You know you always look beautiful. Even in the mornings." He reaches over and strokes my cheek. His hand comes down towards my chin and he cups it bringing my face closer to his.

Of course my stomach is doing cartwheels. I've always had deep feelings for this man. As he leans a little closer, I pull back and face forward. "Why did you do that?" He scrunches up his face.

"Coparents don't kiss each other." I mumble turning my head in the opposite direction. "I'm assuming they don't have sex either and if that's the case we aren't coparents Zaree." I roll my eyes.

"Look, that was a mistake and I'm fixing it now. Just let me do me." He ignores me the rest of the trip back to his house. I go in and grab all my stuff before heading out to my own car. I just wanna be alone.

I get to my apartment in a couple minutes. I get my keys out and walk to my door. I unlock it and step in. With Xariah in school, I'm usually bored during the day. Kleo has been really busy with her own family and working outside of the strip club.

She decided it would be best if she quit stripping for her man and her child. So I'm the only one left now. I actually have to work tonight. It's a Monday and since Will is back, he'll be working at the club every Monday again.

Feeling a little hungry, I order breakfast delivery from some place down the street. I would have cooked but I'm too tired and we're low on groceries. I get settled in my room catching up on Insecure. A couple minutes pass and someone knocks at the door.

I get up and head into the living room to get the door. I open it and see an older woman holding a bag of food. I take the receipt and sign it before handing it back. I hand her a twenty and tell her to keep the change. I take the bag and close the door.

I walk back to my room and get back into my bed. I open up my bag and pull out the two food containers. In one, there's a big Belgian waffle and in the other is bacon and eggs. "I swear I ordered a hash brown."

I roll my eyes and butter my waffle up. I cut it up and pour syrup over it before beginning to eat. As I'm eating, I realize how quiet my apartment is. I really need to start doing other things.

<>

"Seduction." I turn around and glance at Calvin. "Hey." I side hug him and turn to keep walking. "Why you acting brand new? We used to be real cool." I bite my lip and turn back.

"I just...I don't know. Are you free tomorrow? We can go skating or something. I can bring Riah." He nods. "I'll bring my niece Micah. Cascade?" I nod and walk around the club looking for someone in need of my services.