so far (it's alright)

Albus skipped into the common room holding the newest edition of The Dragon, "Guess who's in The Dragon?!" he exclaimed excitedly, waving the magazine in front of the students sprawled out all over. Only his own friends seemed to be paying him any attention.

"It's us!" Albus answered for them anyways, throwing his copy at Sheila who was closest to him.

"Congrats," she chuckled, scanning the cover which displayed photos from the pride parade and pictures of Albus and Scorpius. It was a special LGBTQA+ edition that the boys had done interviews for.

Just then Scorpius walked down the stairs and Sheila grabbed his attention, "Hey, Scorp! Look! You're on the front page of The Dragon," she tossed the floppy magazine at him and he almost dropped it out of surprise at having something thrown at him.

He furrowed his eyebrows at the cover and barely gave a halfhearted shrug before dropping back in Sheila's lap as he passed her couch, "Nice," he replied unenthusiastically.

Albus exchanged a confused look with Sheila and Rose before catching up to Scorpius who was heading towards the door.

"What's up, babe? Are you okay?" Albus slipped his arm through Scorpius' and walked with him out of the common room.

"I'm fine," Scorpius replied unconvincingly.

"Clearly you're not," Albus sighed, "You don't have to hide anything from me. You know this."

A small second year slipped past them on the stairs and Scorpius waited till he was out of ear shot to speak.

"I know," he replied softly, "I just don't really want to talk about it."

"Talk about what?" Albus prompted.

Scorpius came to a stop as they stepped off the last stair. He pulled Albus out of the way of the stairs. Albus had a concerned look covering his face.

"My grandmother died," Scorpius whispered as if he was scared to say it any louder.

Albus' eyes went wide, "What? Are you serious? Oh Merlin, Scorpius," he quickly pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug. "Why didn't you tell me?"

Scorpius didn't reply as he buried his face into the crook of Al's neck, realizing that he needed this comfort.

Albus rubbed his back and kissed his temple, "I'm so sorry... It's going to be okay," he mumbled comforting things as he let Scorpius cry.

Eventually Scorpius pulled away, sniffling and Albus stood on his tip-toes to kiss his forehead. He gripped Scorpius' hands and comfortingly rubbed circles on the back of his hands with his thumbs.

"Do you want to go back to our dorm?" Albus asked.

Scorpius shook his head, "No, can we go to the Room of Requirement please? I don't really want to talk to anyone else."

••••

Albus held Scorpius' hand throughout the whole funeral and made sure he was there for his boyfriend as his comfort and support the whole time. He knew that Scorpius was rather close to Narcissa and it was hard for him. Albus knew her well too, but it was obviously Scorpius' time to mourn.

They avoided Lucius as much as possible because that's what Scorpius wanted.

Draco and Astoria had both said that they'd back up the couple since Lucius had found out that they were together after the article in The Prophet about their 'engagement'. Scorpius knew they would stick to their word, but he really just didn't want to have a fight with his grandfather while they were supposed to be giving their respects to Narcissa.