Friend|10

QUICK ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE THE CHAPTER BEGINS:
THAT IS A NEW CHARACTER
HER NAME IS GRACIE HOLLAND (guess who she's related to)
SHE IS VERY SIMILAR TO HER SISTER
SHE IS 13 YEARS OLD, AND HAS LIVED AS A SHADOW FOR MOST OF HER LIFE.

Until now...

D U S T I N

I open my eyes from a sleep with no dreams. I must have made myself pass out from screaming so loud and so frequently, and I have no idea how long I've been out. It could've been a few minutes, or it could've been a day. There's no way I can tell in this terrible place.

I look around me, and I can't see anything. What I do notice is that I'm not in the same cell that I was in earlier. This one darker, and the floors are made of small bathroom tiles instead of one solid piece of marble. I can only tell from feeling, because I can't even see my own hand as I wave it in front of my face.

I wonder how my friends are doing. For all I know, they could be dead, in a cell just like me, or perfectly fine at home with trackers in their necks. They could be banging on the doors of the lab, trying to come in to save us. They could be passed out in the middle of the woods. I just hope their alright, or at least in better shape than I am. I haven't even had any food since I got here, and I can feel my stomach rumble. A nice burger would be good right now, or a few jars of chocolate pudd-

"Hello?" I hear from a small voice, and I almost jump to the ceiling.
"Wha- who's there?" I ask, trying to calm myself. One minute I'm peacefully thinking about food and the next minute I've already jumped out of my socks.
"My name's Gracie. And you are?" She asks, and she seems perfectly calm and confident. I, on the other hand, am still losing my marbles.
"I'm Dustin. When did you get here?" I ask, trying to make conversation with the girl across the cell. Maybe, just maybe, she could help us get out of here. Maybe she has powers, like eleven. Or maybe she can-
"About a week ago. We were at my sister' funeral, and I went to have some alone time. Then these men came up behind me, shoved me in some Electrical Company Van, and knocked me out. They put me in this thing and slipped me a little bit of food everyday, nothing fancy as you'd expect. So I've just been sitting here, enjoying life in living paradise," she sarcastically says, and it causes me to laugh. It feels nice to have some company, especially if they lighten up the mood. She said about her sister's funeral, and I remember a funeral that Mike and his family had to go to last week. It was for Barbara Holland, Nancy's friend. She was taken to the upside down and killed unwillingly by a monster, and her own sister probably doesn't even know the truth. It makes me feel sorry, guilty almost. I know it's not my fault, but I can't imagine losing a close family member like that.

"So you and Barbara were close?" I ask.
"How do you know Barb?" She says suspiciously. I forgot that she never mentioned the name.
"My friend Mike, his sister was her best friend."
"On yeah, Nancy. Well anyways, when I find the beast that killed my sister, and the people that replaced her body with a fake, they might just get a piece of my mind, or maybe a bullet in their head," she suddenly says, and I'm taken aback for a few seconds. He sharp tone let me know that she isn't playing no games. Okay, so maybe she doesn't have superpowers, but she does know part of the truth. This is the part where I need to fill her in about everything else that has happened.

So I tell her about Will's disappearance, about the strange telekinetic girl in the woods, about the evil lab that we're trapped in right now. I tell her about the upside down, about the monster. I tell her what really happened to her sister, and it may be the hardest thing I've ever done.
When I'm done, I don't hear a response for a solid 3 minutes.

All of a sudden, I hear a soft whimper. She's crying, but she's trying to hide it. The whimpers turn into cries, the cries into sobs. I don't know what to do, so I go with my instincts and put my arm around her. She takes both of her arms and wraps them around me, and puts her head on my shoulder. I cannot imagine how she must feel right now. Her sister was went missing, a year later they say she's dead, she goes to her funeral, and it immediately kidnapped. If I was Gracie, I would be having a breakdown on some guy I had just met too. This girl, the one I don't even know, is crying on me for comfort, and I'm perfectly fine with it. I don't know, it just seems like we've met before, but we haven't. I don't even know what she looks like.

"I- I knew something more had happened," she says, unwrapping her arms from my body and raising her head back up. "That body was a fake. Whoever made it forgot a lot of her freckles, and the birthmark on the front of her left hand. I know my sister, and I knew she was dead, but I'm also not an idiot. I had always figured that something else had happened, that she wasn't shot and killed like the police had said. Yeah, your story sounds totally crazy, but I believe you for some reason. It's like instinct, and it's the best explanation for everything that's happened that I've heard or come up with so far."

We stay silent for a few minutes, the only sound being her soft sniffles. The silence is interrupted by the ground shaking vibration of my stomach. She giggles and says, "I wish they'd at least give us some Nilla wafers."

Okay, so I'm pretty sure Gracie and I are almost the exact same person. What she says causes me to laugh harder than I should have, and I say, "I think I'm gonna like you."

OK BUT THAT WAS CUTE
THE WHOLE CHAPTER WASNT MEANT TO BE DUSTINS POV BUT I LOOKED DOWN AND SAW THAT I HAD 1000 WORDS SO I WAS LIKE OK
I DIDNT WANT TO DO A DUSTIN MAX LUCAS LOVE TRIANGLE AND A NEW CHARACTER WHO RELATES TO DUSTIN AND IS ALSO PERFECT FOR HIM IS JUST BETTER AND YES OK GOODNIGHT MY LOVES

Lauren