Slugs|27

M I K E

I slowly open my eyes as I am met with the familiar bright lights above me. "Hey sweetie," I hear my mother's voice say, and I my left. She's standing above me with a hand on my head. I look to my right and see El with a worried expression on her face, holding my hand. I didn't even feel it. "What happened?" I ask.

"You started screaming, talking to yourself, and then you passed out. You also had blood coming out of your ears. We've been here for a couple hours. I think it's midnight" El says, and I suddenly remember everything. The monsters, the demons, the pain, my old friend Insanity. I remember it all, and part of me wishes I didn't.
After a few seconds of silence, someone bursts through the door. I see a familiar head of curly hair and a panicked expression on his face. "Guys, I know we all must be pretty tired, but we have to go. Now. Karen, mind if we borrow your car?" Dustin says.

"What's the emergency? And aren't you all just 14 years old? I will take you wherever you need to go," my mom says.

"Okay, but you're gonna have to floor it," dustin says, pulling me out of the hospital bed. "Let's go."

I stumble my way to the hospital exit. Luckily, none of the workers questioned why a patient was leaving without being released. When we got outside, I suddenly got dizzy from the sudden smells of the outdoors. Strange. I begin to fall, but El grabs me and holds me up. "Thanks," I say, grabbing her hand and giving it a squeeze. I look at her, and she smiles at me, laying her head on my shoulder as we continue to walk slowly.

"Guys, I hate to ruin the moment, but we really have to go," Dustin says. I keep holding El's hand, but we walk a little faster. I see Gracie and Lucas standing by my mom's car, and when they see us, they hop in. We all get in the car as my mom starts to drive. "What's the emergency?" She asks.

"We have to get to Hopper's trailer ASAP. Sarah and Max are in danger," Lucas says, and my mom doesn't question it. She begins to drive as fast as she can towards s house. I sit in the back seat, in between El and Lucas. I can feel El shake beside me, and I look at her. "What's wrong?" I ask, and she squeezes my hand. "Why can't life be normal?" whispers, looking into my eyes. "Why can't we live like everyone else?"

"Life is different for everyone, and I guess we weren't meant to have a normal life. But this will all be over soon," I say, and I see tears building up in the back of her eyes. "Promise?" I she asks. "Promise," I reply, placing a soft kiss on the top of her head. As soon as I pull away, I see Dustin giving me a creepy smile through the rear view mirror. I just shake my head at him, giving a small smirk. The car comes to a complete stop, and I'm flung forward towards the front of a car. The consequences of forgetting your seat belt.

We all rush out of the car, knocking on Hopper's door. I hear some indistinct groaning and yelling inside, and an exhausted Sarah Hopper opens the door. When she sees all of us, she sighs, as a hand goes up to her dropping forehead. "What now?" She asks, obviously frustrated and tired.

"We gotta go," Lucas says, as a grumpy looking Max appears behind Sarah. "Why?" Max asks, rubbing her eyes. "I've just seen some weird shit and I need slee-"

"Max, I know that you really love sleeping, but you probably also love not disappearing or getting eaten by a slug," Dustin says, and she widens her eyes. "Is that what happened to Will?" She asks.

"Yes, and we'll explain the rest later, but we need to go," Lucas says, and she finally walks out. "Let me at least tell my dad that we're leaving," Sarah says. "He's probably passed out drunk on the couch. I think he just gave up when he heard about Will." 

We all walk back to the car, squeezing in as we wait for Sarah. "So what is going on?" Max asks. "Yeah, you kids never told me," my mom says, and Lucas begins to explain. "So, you know about what happened to Will a couple years ago, right?" he asks, and she nods. "With the upside down and everything," he clarifies, and she just nods again. I begin to in, because I'm not exactly sure what happened last night either. "Well, hours ago, we all saw him disappear. After that, when you all were gone, Dustin found this view finder thing. You know, those things that have the pictures in them. Well, there were some weird pictures in there. Some of us that were never even taken. We were all in some room, and one by one, we began to disappear. First Will, then Sarah, and so on. Then there were some pictures of these slugs, all crawling on us. And we saw this slug in your basement bathroom after Will disappeared. So yeah, we came here to get Sarah and Max just so we could all be safe."

My mom looks shocked, and I can't help but to feel the same. Way, remembering all the events that have happened in the past few hours, I look over at El. "You were screaming something about a monster, and you kept repeating the words bad. I also remember some dark voice coming out of your mouth hat wasn't yours. Do you remember?" I ask, wanting her to stay calm. She doesn't.

Tears well up in her eyes, she begins to shake and sweat. "Is it something I said? Are you okay?" I ask, and she just shakes her head. That's when things take a strange twist. It happens again. It's the same voice, the one that El spoke with, the one that likes to torture my mind.

"It's too late."

Those words, they shake the whole car. El's pupils dilate, then she passes out.

I can feel a terrified aura radiate from everyone in this car. A scared expression is shared, as we try to deny what will probably happen next. I think that we all know what will happen next.

It comes out of the open window that overlooks the front yard, making its way down the side of trailer. It slithers in a way that would make anyone shiver and cringe. The slug catches everyone's eye, but we just sit here. My mom doesn't drive off, words do not escape from Dustin's usual chatter mouth.

We don't wait for girl who had been lost for so long to return to the car, because we know that she has vanished once again. Fate, horrible, cruel fate, has victimized Sarah Elizabeth Hopper once again.

-
YALL WHAT AM I DOING HA
whoops
AT LEAST I KNOW WHERE THIS STORY IS GOING FINALLY
BUT I ALREADY HAVE PLANNED LIKE TWO MORE FANFICTIONS FRICK
like I want to write fillie but I'm afraid of being attacked but I also don't give a crap about what people think so-
AND WHERE ARE YOU ALL GOING LIKE I FEEL LIKE HALF OF MY READERS HAVE BEEN TAKEN BY THE DEMOGORGON
ugh I need a spicy finn in my life
The only reason I said that is because I none of you are actually reading this author's note HAHA^^

Lauren