Run|20

P A R T    T W O
M Y S T E R Y   P O V

Run, run, run.
Thats all I know.
Alarms screech in my ears, but all I can hear is the pounding of my heart. I look back to see men run after me, but we all know that they will never catch up. We all know that it's too late. I've been in this place too long, it's all I remember. But I've come to my senses, and I know that this place will never be my home. And I have to find my home.

So I let my feet carry me. I know this place, this awful place, better than anyone. It's time to escape, it's time to run.

I reach the doors, pull the handle, and find that they're locked. That shouldn't be a problem. I start attempting to get the lock off, but I halt to a familiar voice. The voice that I've heard every day of my life. The voice that has convinced me that I'm safe, that this is where I belong. Maybe he knows that I now have come to my senses. This place has ruined me. This place is just a torture chamber. He screams my name, but I don't scream his back.

"Don't do this," he says, and the men stop running. "It's a dangerous world out there, you won't be able to handle it." I stare at him, and I don't see the man I've trusted for most of my life. I don't see the father figure I've looked up to until now. I don't see someone who's taken care of me.

I see the devil. I see a liar.

"Screw you," I sternly say, feeling a tear slip down my face. I only know this phrase because I heard one of the scientists say it once, and I know it must mean something bad. I haven't had much of an education in this place, but I have observed very closely.

"I hope you all go to hell," I say loudly, causing a silent aura to fall over the room. Turning around, I stare at the lock on the door, and it flies off. And once again, I run. This time,
I don't look back.

I have no where to go, no family that I know, I have nothing. But I still run, and I don't stop. I've been set free, and I couldn't ask for anything more. I can be more than just an experiment. I can be more than a player in their little game. I can be anything I want to be.

8 years, I was in there for 8 years. I still remember turning 5 years old, having a little party with my family, but that's it. Now, I don't even remember what exactly my parents look like. I don't even remember my own last name.

I stop running when my lungs start to feel like they're on fire. Oh my god, I think to myself, taking in my surroundings. I see trees and stars and everything I've ever dreamed of. I see things that I haven't seen in ages. I see things that I only could have dreamed of in these past years. It's all so beautiful.

I suddenly come to the realization of everything that's just happened. I finally escaped. I fall to my knees and begin to cry with happiness. My life has been changed forever. I don't have to live there anymore. The only thing I have left of that place is the memories. I don't have to live that life anymore. I don't have to be tortured or suffer at all. I can finally be myself, I can finally be free.

I was a flightless bird, but now I have been given my wings. I can fly, and I know that until my wings give out, I will soar as far away from Hawkins Lab as possible.

G R A C I E

I took my love and I took it down, I climbed a mountain and I turned around. I saw my reflection in the snow covered hills, until the landslide brought me down.