Chapter 3

--------------------

HEY READERS! IM REALLY EXITED ABOUT THIS CHAPTER, I HOPE YOU ARE TOO! I'VE BEEN THINKING THAT IT'S BETTER TO KEEP THE CHAPTERS SHORTER SO THAT IF YOU DON'T HAVE A LOT OF TIME YOU CAN STILL FINISH ONE :D I ALSO LIKE TO FINISH WITH CLIFF HANGERS MOIHAHAHA! WELL

ANYWAYS, ENJOY!

--------------------

NATSU*

"Pass pass!" Gray yelled to one of their neighbourhood friends, Lisanna. The petite girl with short white hair threw the basketball with all her might, towards the net. It bounced of the rim and landed right in Natsu's hands. Natsu ran up and scored for his team, high fiving his teammate Happy.

"Oi Lisanna! What was that? I told you to pass to me!" Gray demanded.

"I'm sorry! I really didn't mean to-"

"I don't wanna hear it!" Gray said as he stormed off to his house.

"Damn." Natsu said, walking up to Lisanna, "you ok? Don't worry, Gray's just upset he didn't win." He said comforting her.

"Well... I- I know but... I don't want him to hate me." Lisanna stuttered.

"He doesn't, just let him blow off some steam." He replied.

Lisanna smiled, "ok, thanks Natsu." She said as she leaned up and kissed him on the cheek.

"Natsuuuuu! The ball landed in our neighbours backyard!" Happy cried, looking down at Natsu, who was blushing a dark shade of red. "She llllllllllllikes you." Happy said covering his mouth.

"Shuddup!" Natsu yelled embarrassed, "I'll go get the ball." He grumbled as he stalked off towards the neighbours backyard.

No gate? Wondered Natsu as he reached the tall wooden gate. He checked around the whole house, but there was no gate.

They really are weird, he thought as he began to scale the tall fence. Natsu reached the top and distantly heard voices.

Hmmmm, better be quick then. He thought.

"Woah!" He cried, falling to the ground in the yard.

NATSU* p.o.v.

"Ouch." I whispered as I got up. "Damn they have a tall gate!"

I scanned the yard and saw the orange ball by a window at the base of the house.

I'll just grab it and get outta here. This place gives me the creeps!

I walked toward the window when I started hearing voices. Oh crap. I though nobody was here or something!!!

"HOW COULD YOU DO THIS!" Yelled a female voice, "I love you, you're my mom. But how can you just leave me here? Alone? I barely remember what your face looks like, I haven't seen you in so long. How could you?" I could softly hear somebody sobbing, but when she spoke her voice was strong.

"Lucy don't raise you're voice with me. Your father and I have done this for your own good." She sternly replied.

"I- I hate you!" The girl- Lucy, cried, "I just wish you weren't so calm about this! I'm your daughter!"

"I don't think you deserve your breakfast this morning. Do you? Why don't you sit and think about what you've said." Her mother said, calmly followed by her footsteps.

The Lucy girls mother was gone, and I heard her softly crying.

I really shouldn't do this... I think to myself.

"Whoa. Heavy." I say. The girl turned to face me.

"Oh. My. Gosh." The girl whispered.

"Family troubles, huh?" I sound like such a weirdo! "Well, uh, I'll be going then," I say standing up.

"Wait," the girl calls, "wait!" I squat down and put my hands behind my head, "um... I'm Lucy." She says.

"Natsu." I reply simply.

"Oh. Um, well, hi, Natsu. What are you doing in my backyard?" Lucy asks. I feel my cheeks warm as I reply.

"Heh, well my basketball kinda bounced over your gate." I answer, scratching my head.

"Would you bring me some food?" Lucy asked, her eyes widening.

"Huh? Doesn't that mom of yours feed ya?" I asked.

"Well, yes, but I don't want to eat anything they give me. It's complicated." She said turning red.

"I know the feeling, my parents are like that too sometimes." I replied sadly. I quickly walked over to a nearby bush and pick some berries.

"I guess this is all I can get you..." I said, my voice trailing off.

"It's perfect." She sighed, "I didn't even know that bush was there." Lucy exclaimed eating the berries.

"Natsu! What's taking you so long?!" Lisanna said, over the gate.

"Coming!" I yelled as I started to get up, "bye."I said simply.

"Wait, wait!" Lucy cried reaching out.

"Don't worry," I said, turning around. "I'll be back." And with that I turned around, and climbed over the fence.