8-Taste of Fame

"And the sweet little angel couldn't keep her eyes off the devil."
-4am

To say I was uncomfortable was an understatement. Nervously, I tugged at the hem of my dress. My bottom lip was currently being chewed on. I had never witnessed so many people in one place before.

Hundreds of fans sat in their seats above us as cameras flew by at eye level. I recognized some of the glow sticks. Most of them were EXO and Army. This was my first public event with Namjoon. And from my current inner panicking, I knew it'd be the last.

"Jagiya stop fidgeting." Namjoon muttered to me. I was thankful that we were the only ones at the table so far. We might have arrived a bit too early. But I also felt as if I was trespassing. Maybe I should have sat with the fans.

"How do you do this? Would it be rude if I sat with the fans instead of this VIP area?" I questioned as I eyed the seats above ours. Maybe while I was at it, I could make some friends as well.

"It would be rude to your dear husband who bought you this pretty dress and just wants to show you off." My husband eyed me with those brown puppy eyes to get me to stay beside him.

"I'm thankful but this dress was unnecessarily expensive. It cost as much as someone's rent. I could have bought a cheaper version for thirty dollars." It was now the most expensive thing I owned. The dress was a black long sleeved piece that left my shoulders exposed and wasn't long enough for my taste. Namjoon had also purchased thigh high velvet boots and a matching choker from a high end French brand.

"Will you let me spoil you?" He questioned as he adjusted his ridiculously expensive watch.

"Will you let me nag at you for your careless spending?"

"It's not careless if I really need it."

"You really need a thousand dollar watch?"

"Yes. It was calling to me."

"You're so full of bullshit Kim Namjoon."

"But that's why you love me Kim Serena."

"Sometimes I want to kick you in the neck."

"That's kinky."

"Uh you two do know that you're in public right?" A deep voice pulled Namjoon and I out of our heated argument. The owner of the voice spoke in English which caught my attention but my eyes roamed over his features in recognition. Round brown eyes, muscular physique, a jawline that could slice someone's hand. Jackson Wang stood in front of Namjoon and I in all his glory.

"Oh hello!" Namjoon and I quickly stood up to greet Jackson. As the boys embraced like brothers, I patiently waited for Joonie to introduce.

"Jackson-ah. This is my wife Serena." I felt something warm inside me as Namjoon introduced me to his friend. This was different than meeting Bangtan who was like family to my husband. This was his actual friend.

"Hello. Nice to meet you." I shyly spoke as I bowed to Jackson. With his charm and mannerisms, he repeated the action.

"Finally we meet! I've been bugging Namjoon's phone about setting up a meeting. My heart hurts that I was never invited to your wedding." Jackson placed a palm over his heart as he feigned heartbreak. His personality seemed to be the same as it was even when he was in front of cameras.

"Oh sorry about that but actually we only signed papers. No one came. We didn't do a ceremony because of Namjoon's hectic schedule." I explained only half lying to him. The other reason was because of the lack of feeling I had for Namjoon...back then.