12-The Past

"Everything I've ever loved became everything I've ever lost."

Although it was a hot summer night, a breeze flew by and made me shiver.  The streets of Brooklyn was lively at night. Hip Hop music played from almost every block. Restaurants were busy and bustling. And everyone was on some type of illegal substance. Home sweet home.

My old spot was the skatepark that had been abandoned and turned into a place for stoners and graffiti artists to thrive. I was overjoyed once I noticed no one was there.

Old memories flooded my mind as I took a seat comfortably on the concrete and dangled my feet over the pit. All the autumn nights spent here with my friends, drinking and smoking, listening to music, running from the cops when they broke up the party. It was as if I could see my memories happening in front of me.

I had snuck away from my husband and kids while they attended the after party. The high class upscale parties weren't my style. The parties I was used to involved red solo cups, bonfires, and cheap beer that had been purchased with fake ID's.

It was a strange sensation to visit a place that held a lot of meaning to me back then as a married woman now. So much had changed in such a short amount of time. Although my life had seemed all "peaches and cream" back then, the reality of it was far from it. Revisiting my past had made me even more thankful for the new life Namjoon given me.

"I see you're here again." A familiar thick French accent sounded throughout the silent atmosphere. With a jump, I turned to look behind me. Goosebumps had risen on my arms as I realized who it was.

"Dante?" I whispered in shock as I quickly stood up and backed away. My heart pounded against my chest and my mind was screaming at me to get away.

"Oh you're going to act shocked tonight? This will be entertaining." The tall, thin figure stepped out of the dark to reveal short curly black hair, tan skin that had been kissed from the sun, and sinister icy blue eyes.

He moved to occupy the spot I had just been sitting in. I was too frightened to make any movements. Fear always froze me up. I watched as the Frenchman pulled out a joint and lit it. The familiar scene of him blowing smoke out of his mouth caused me to feel disgusted.

"Might as well stay tonight. I'm kinda lonely." He sighed as he leaned back with one palm to support his weight. The offending smell of pot lingered in the air. I was about five feet away from him and couldn't tolerate the scent for much longer. But my feet were glued to the concrete.

"What are you talking about?" I questioned as I feigned my strength. I wouldn't appear weak in front of him as had been almost a year and a half ago. But as I spoke more, I found that I didn't need to have a strong façade. Because I was tenacious on my own.

"What do you mean Serena?" He signed before taking another hit. Dante didn't spare me a single glance. All of his attention was on the moon and his blunt.

"I'm just going to leave." I muttered softly. My heartbeat was out of control at the moment. The pain of the past was like a knife stabbing into my chest. The man who had ruined me, was sitting not five feet away acting as if nothing happened. I knew I should get out of there. Not only was Dante dangerous, but I was also risking Namjoon's image by staying there. If I had been followed by any paparazzi, no doubt would there be false articles tomorrow.

"You're good at leaving." He chuckled as those blue eyes turned to finally focus on me. The thick French accent didn't have the affect on me that it did a year ago. Instead, I felt disgusted at his voice.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I fired back hotly. My eyebrows scrunched together at his words.

"If only you were real...this weed would calm you down." Dante gazed at his blunt with more love and affection than he had ever shown me.