17-Epiphany

"There's a monster hiding in the mirror
When I lean in he comes nearer
He looks deep into my eyes and sees the fear
'Hush baby hush.' He whispers. 'You're the only who knows I'm here.'"

My eyelids fluttered open, expecting to wake up in the privacy of the guest bedroom. But a pale white face was peering at me as the owner of the face laid in the bed beside me. Quickly, I sprung up to a sitting position.

"Yoongi! You almost gave me a heart attack!" I exclaimed, clutching my chest. My husband's best friend sat up as well. His eyes analyzed my entire face speculatively. "What? Do I have drool on my face?"

"No. Yesterday you told me I've never seen you when you've just woken up. So I wanted to see that." He offered with a smile after I began wiping the corner of my mouth for any drool. "I think you look the most beautiful as soon as you wake up."

"I also came in here because I know what you did. Or didn't do." He continued on as he fished his phone out of his pocket and turned the screen towards me. Yoongi didn't even need to turn on the phone because it suddenly lit up with a new message from Namjoon...amongst hundreds of others.

"Oh my god!" I quickly turned my own phone off of airplane mode and watched as the messages poured in from not only Namjoon, but the rest of the boys.

"Want to explain why you didn't tell him you were coming here with me when I told you specifically to do so?" Yoongi casually questioned. His exterior appearance remained calm. But knowing Yoongi, deep down he was probably enraged. And that frightened me even more.

"Yoongi...Namjoon and I haven't spoken to each other in a week. So I kind of thought...maybe if I didn't tell him..." I trailed off too shy to say the rest.

"If you didn't tell him, then maybe he'd show that he still cared about you?" The rapper finished for me.

"I'm sorry."

"No need to be sorry Serena. You're a married woman who's been feeling lonely lately. I've seen you two avoid each other. It's okay." I was glad Yoongi understood what I had been feeling lately. I desperately missed my husband. Lately, my feelings had become so confusing. And Namjoon wasn't making it any easier with his sudden distance. But I didn't have time to continue thinking of it because my phone began to ring. The name 'Husband Monster' flashed up on the screen. "I will excuse myself. Get ready. We'll eat breakfast,  go to the hospital and then head home." Yoongi muttered before sauntering out of the room and closing the door on his way out.

"Hello?"

"Kim Serena Waliya! Do you know how fucking worried I've been? What the fuck are you doing all the way in Daegu? Do you know how dangerous it is over there? You left and didn't even tell me anything!" My husband's enraged shouting came from the phone speaker. I felt as if my ears were going to start bleeding at how loud he was yelling at me.

"I know but-"

"I've kept the kids up all night! They thought you left them as well! Do you know how much Jungkook and Jimin have been crying? For you and hyung! Seokjin hyung drove around the city looking for you two before I tracked your phone!"

"I'm sorry Namjoon I should have told you-"

"Damn right you should have! I tracked your phone when you never showed up the apartment. And Yoongi didn't show up either. None of the boys remember him coming home. I thought...Serena I thought..." Namjoon's voice went from enraged to helpless. My guilty conscience was eating at me now. I didn't mean for him to feel this way because of my careless actions.

"You thought I left you for Yoongi..." I trailed off as I felt wetness hit my cheek. It hurt me that my husband was hurt. His pain was my pain. And I felt it all the way here from Daegu.