22-Until Death Do Us Part

"Every moment I spent with you... shined. Because the weather was good, because the weather was bad and because the weather was good enough. I loved every moment of it." -Kim Shin

"You should be resting." Namjoon chastised me as he placed a kiss onto my cheek. Looking up from my magazine, I turned to gaze lovingly at my husband.

"I have a wedding to plan." I smirked and responded with a kiss to his own cheek this time.  

"No rest for the wicked." He responded as he took a seat on the bench beside me. Namjoon carefully wrapped both arms around my small body and rested his chin on my shoulder. His eyes scanned over my diligent work so far.

To our parents' eyes we were happily in love and planning our wedding. But the truth remained hidden from them.

"I still can't believe you both got mugged." Namjoon's mom sighed as she pitifully doted over her son's black eye that was fading and the bruises around his mouth that was almost gone. "Are you sure it wasn't a sasaeng?"

"I'm sure. It looked like your regular every day criminal." Namjoon lied easily. His grip around my torso loosened as the memories of three days ago flashed in his mind.

"Maybe you shouldn't be living in the city then. The crime rate is high in Seoul I've read." My own mother spoke in English from beside Namjoon's mother. I rolled my eyes at her words.

"Mom you live in the Bronx." I simply responded. From the side of my peripheral view I could see my dad and Namjoon's dad trying to communicate while grilling all types of meats. "Anyways you didn't have to fly all the way here. It's just a torn ligament from me and and a black eye and cut lip from Namjoon."

"We can't come see our injured daughter and son?" My mom sassily questioned as she flipped through bridal magazines.

"Of course you can Mama. Anytime." Namjoon said sucking up to his mother in law.

"Okay so I made up my mind on the theme. Since it's Christmas then it's gonna be all white. White lace, pearls, crystals. Just pure white. And I want my guests to wear white as well." I changed the topic quickly.

"But brides usually wear white. Don't you wanna stand out from your guests darling?" Eomma asked concerned.

"I do that's why I'm going to add gold to my dress. So I want my dress to be made in India. Even though the whole theme is white Christmas, I do want to somehow to encorporate my ethnic background as well as Namjoon's." I answered her respectfully.

"There's a small tradition we do after the wedding. It's where you receive blessings from your parents so we could have that Korean element there." Namjoon informed me. I quickly nodded, promising him that I'd do my research on the tradition.

Our moms and myself continued to talk wedding details that day and well into the night. We planned out the major things such as venue, theme, officiates, and such while the two women sipped red wine. Our families got along well. Although there was a language barrier with Appa, my family came to fall in love with Namjoon's family just as I had.

"So when Namjoon told me he was getting married, I cursed him, I shouted, I cried. But as upset as I was, I knew I was only hurting him more by being mad. After getting married he immediately had to return to Korea to work and get Serena a visa to come live here. My husband, daughter, and I travelled to New York on our own to meet her. And honestly, you have raised such a caring and selfless daughter. She always puts people before herself. I could see why Namjoon fell in love so hard." Eomma told my mother with a blush on her cheeks from the red wine. My mother thanked her sincerely.