Chapter Eightteen

Chapter Eighteen

Purple Hoodie

Finally making it to the kitchen after the small encounter with Ben, which made Jack fume. I reached out to pull on the handle , but Jack seizes my arm and yanks me back as the door burst open. My sister runs out first, squealing with laughter and ran from the kitchen. There was a yell and a laugh, then a cake splattered Hoodie came charging after my sister, trying to pelt her with grapes. Jack and I watched from the sidelines, making sure nobody was in the kitchen, Jack led me in. "Whad'da want to eat?" He starts to rummage through the refrigerator. "Depends what you have." I look around the cake and ice cream smeared kitchen. Cabinets were everywhere and in the middle of the room was a small island, containing drawers. On the top was a bowl of fruit, I clambered onto the top of the island while Jack, still rummaging was too busy to notice me behind him. I grunted as I mounted the edge of the island and then lied there. I poked the bowl of fruit not knowing if it was real fruit or not.  Finally done rummaging he stood and grabbed a bottle of water. He threw it at me but it bounced off my back and burst onto the floor. There was a small silence before both of us broke into laughter. Everything seemed funny at the moment. The broken water bottle, Smile and his human like smile, my sister being pelt by grapes, and Jack's toothy smile which he rarely showed. After an hour or so of tossing water bottles and finding out whether the fruit was real or not. Jack and I sat opposite of each other both holding an apple. "I can't believe humans eat this stuff.." He muttered and held a banana up to his nose. "It's not that bad." I said an took another bite of my apple, juice dribbling down my chin. After an eerie silence, Jack speaks once again. "Thanks.." He mutters and tries to open the yellow fruit. "... For what exactly?" I ask, confused. "For saving my life." He said if the answer was obvious. "You're leg would have been hurt, you wouldn't have died.." I answer quietly. "It could have hit my side." He objects. "You could have died, for me. A demon, why?" He asks so quietly, I barely realizing he is talking to me. Hastily, I pick out the seeds of my apple core. "It's what friends do for each other." Then add "I got your back and you got mine.. ya know?" I look up from my apple core and meet Jack's eyes. I blink. He got off the counter and stood in front of me. "Don't you think I'm a monster?" He whispers. My eyes widen immediately. "Why would I? Oh.. Because your a demon?" He gives a slight tilt of his head and nods. "Of course not! If anything I'm the monster, I mean I've been going around killing people for no good reason." For good measure I add, "Jack, we all have a monster inside of us, we can control it.. but never let it control you." I put my hands on Jack's shoulder which made him stiffen but he didn't move. "Thank you, Kathrine."  I stiffen and tighten my hold on Jack's shoulder. "I swear, do not ever call me by my real name ever." I resist the urge to hit him but instead slither of the counter top. "Video games?" He asks turning around to face me. "Sure." I grin and lift the pressure off my bad leg. He holds out his arm and I take it gratefully. We both left the messy kitchen. I surpass a grin that kept creeping onto my face. A voice up ahead makes me scrunch my nose. "Jack!" Ben calls. "I bet you I can beat you and your friend here, that I can beat you both at Call of Duty 2!" Jack grins and pulls own his mask. "Your on!" cooping me up, Jack makes a mad dash to the room which Ben had disappeared in.

Jack dumps me on a couch and then throws me a controller. Ben, on the opposite side of the couch quickly sets up the game. Then suddenly and rapidly he starts telling me instructions, that unfortunately don't stick very well in my head. I decided on my weapon and then all of a sudden Ben shouts, "Every man for themselves!" I see a figure run across the screen and then in seconds, I'm dead. Jack holds back a snicker and Ben stares determinedly at the screen but a small smile is plastered on his face. Becoming frantic I start to press buttons at random. Apparently I set of ten grenades by the time I learned to run. I hear an explosion come from the speakers and watch Ben and Jack's avatars fall limply to the ground. I flick my gaze to see both, Jack and Ben, stare open mouthed at the dead characters. I crack a grin and lay grenades as much as I can. I kill them successfully several more times before being killed by Jack. "Hey!" I shout as Jack shoots me in the head. "Sorry." He keeps playing. I respawn and jog out to the open and shoot aimlessly around hitting buildings, cars, homes, and Ben. For the Fifteenth time, I've killed Ben and apparently he doesn't like that. Ben tore his eyes away from the game with a snarl. He lunged at me but  Jack grabbed him by the waist and brought him down. "THIS ISN'T FAIR SHE'S NEVER PLAYED BEFORE!" He screams as Jack struggles to Ben down. I slip behind the couch as Jeff enters the room. Immediately, Ben stops struggling, leaving Jack gasping for breath. "What's up Jack, elf." Jeff nods to Jack and Ben. I peek over the couch and Jeff smiles more then usual. "Where's Purple?" He asks with a sing song voice. "Why do you care?" Jack answers with a question. Ben smirks and sticks out his tongue. Forgetting about Jack, Jeff snarls and slaps Ben over the head. "Hey.." Ben growled and leap on Jeff, knocking him off his feet. Jeff snarled once again. "DAMN ELF!" He punches Ben as they tousle on the ground. Jack leans back into the couch and watches them with slight interest as they shatter a mirror. Jeff detaches himself from Ben after five minutes of cussing, howls of pain and shouts from Jane to shut up. "As I was saying before I was rudely INTERRUPTED -" He glarres at a grumbling Ben before continuing. "The Operator wanted to see White Dress but she fell asleep with Hoodie in one of the rooms." He scowls once again. "Freakin' lovebirds, makes me sick." He crinkles his nose. "D'ya know why he wants 'em." Jeff asks and sits down. Jack shakes his head before there is a ear splitting screech. Everybody in the room jumps, including me. "Holy shit, Operator found Hoodie an Dress." Jeff smirks but Jack bolts out of the room and I follow. "Was that -" Jeff starts to say something but I don't find out as I whip around a corner. Jack stands frozen at the doorway. I Stand behind him and watch behind him stiffly to see my sister cowering beneath Slender-man and Hoodie shaking fearfully.

"You can't love with the prophecy at hand!"