Chapter One

Chapter One

White Dress

I wake up in a cold sweat, clutching my locket so hard my knuckles turn white.

Slowly and reluctantly, I let go with sigh and a groan. My chest felt like it was full of lead, weighing me down.

I sigh inwardly thinking of what to do today.

I slip out I the bed and run my fingers through my tangled hair. I put on my scruffy sneakers and my dirty white dress. I look in the mirror. On the dresser are my knives. Mostly for protection, mostly. I pick each knife up at a time,then tucking them into a secure place.

I walk out of the door of an abandon house I took refugee in for the past couple of weeks. I walk around aimlessly, not knowing what I was doing, where I was going. Everything and every part of me seemed to be numb. Five minutes pass and I'm at Richrock park. I stop at the swing set. I haven't been here in many years.

I bite the inside of my cheeks wanting to leave but something kept me rooted to the spot. Turning my head, a flicker of movment flickers at the edge of my vision. My eyes narrowed and my senses became sharper. A boy.. Maybe my age is spray painting something on a abandon building in blue. I step closer with care not knowing what I was getting myself into.

The boy was wearing a yellow hoodie, jeans, sneakers and a mask. A black mask with a frowny face in red.

I blink.

He still doesn't know I'm here. I hope

I squint my eyes.

I couldn't read any of the writing except the word 'Jay'.

I let out a sigh not realizing I was holding my breath, as the boy finishes his work and turns around, spotting and hearing me. Thinking fast, I bolt for the abandon hospital. He follows me but I'm faster. I run up the stairs clumsily but I make it to the top before him.

I burst into a room. My eyes wide and full of terror.

It's empty.

I turn around to see the boy follow me.

"Who are you?"

His voice is deep.

"I can ask you the same question." My voice is hoarse but challenging.

"I'm Yellow Hoodie. Now who are you?" He stays calm.

"I'm called White dress."

I keep my eyes even with the masks eyes.

A ringing starts.

It's getting louder.

I panic.

I start to run.

"Why are you here?!"

He asks not seeming bothered by the noise.

I ignore him trying to get away from the ringing.

It becomes overwhelming.

I see him. I see his paper white head,before I can scream or do any of the sort the boy tackles me.

The force of both of use against a window breaks it easily. We tumble down two stories and land on a load of leaves.

He's laughing and I'm about to cry, in pain, thinking of my sister and parents. I scramble up my back aching then I come to realize that this boy, he just saved my life, Why?

"HEY! WAIT!" He yells but I decide to run, to get as far away as I can, hearing his calls makes me run faster but they slowly descend as I run farther and farther away.

I gasp for breath, miles away. I know Yellow Hoodie didn't follow me, nor the ringing.

Leaning against a maple tree I look around for my surroundings, hoping to be close to home.

Lost. Great.

I sigh inwardly. The sun starts to rise, I climb up a great Oak tree and feel the falling suns warmth on my dirty skin.

I felt peaceful but something, someone was still burning in the back of my mind, something important..