Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-four

Purple Hoodie

"Kathrine! Kat! Stop!" Jack grabs me around the waist as I sprint towards the door that leads out of the mansion. "Stop! She needs me! I need to find her! I can't-" I start to cry, and I can't stop. I want to but I can't. I feel Jack wrap his arms around me and carry me to a quiet room. He sets me down gently and kisses my forehead.

"She's strong." He murmurs, his forehead pressed against mine.

"I know. She knows too." I reply.

We sit in silence, in a quick motion he pulls me in close, I smile and slowly pull of his mask. I stiffen in surprise but other than that I don't move.

"You alright?" He murmurs, he sharp teeth glinting off the soft light in the room. Instead of eyes, there is black holes. I watch as something oozes out of the black holes. Curiously, I put my finger up to his face and scrap some of the black goo off of his face. No sooner then I touched it, Jack grabs my wrist and wipes my finger off on his shirt. "What was that?" I inquire.

"Acid, poison." He grins slightly.

"At least your not like Ben, who was burned from the spot and didn't come back for a week or two from the underground." I smile and shake my head slightly.

"Those were the days," he grins "Ben and I used to be at each others throats till Jeff came along, then he took my place." I relax as I listen to Jack talk but once he stops I look up. Holding me tightly, Jacks voice shakes slightly as he speaks. "You know-" he turns away, his cheek glowing in the light. I narrow my eyes and then my heart drops as a small faint lipstick mark takes place on Jack's cheek. Suddenly I begin to feel awkward and out of place, I start to pull away from him. "Kat.." He murmurs and reaches out. I shrink away. He flinches and I slip off the couch and into the darkness. Holding my arms against my chest I rush in the darkness and blink back tears.

No crying..

After I leave the room I step back out into the light and I keep walking.

"What's up with you." Ben grins as he floats over me. I scowl and keep going. "Aww come on, a good prank will help your sour ass mood." A smile tugs at the corner of my lips and I stop walking. I rock back and forth on my heels and murmur, "Who's involved and when."

"Ben I got the fangirls, they're waiting outside right now." I wave a wad of cash breathlessly in front of the Ben.

"Good." He grinned. "Jeff is in there right now, ready?" I nod.

"Ready."

I start to lead Jeff's fangirls in, soon enough I hear his cries and then screams and pleads.

Doubling over, tears start to seep out of my eyes as I laugh, peeking in on the wave of girls every few minutes. After a while, I sit against a wall and listen to the distress Jeff as I start to nod off into sleep.

"AHHHH!!" I bolt upright hearing another scream in the room. I throw the door open to see Jack clinging onto the ceiling and Jeff holding onto his waist, trying to avoid the jumping girls.

"Oh hell no! I don't think so!" I reach to grab a sword that is placed so beatifuly on the wall, no hesitation occering.

"Kat, wait those are-" Jack screams the word, but I know what they are before the tip connects with skin.

Booger

I feel myself being thrown back.

I felt thick black liquad against my chest.

I felt myself crumpling.to the ground, listening to Jack and Jeff yell at each other.

Then darkness.

My eyes flutter open and I find a Jack standing over me, mask off, teeth bared. I hear a growl rumble in his throat as he takes out another (latin name) I scramble up and lung at the nearest girl I could find. I feel something soft and sticky splatter on my face, I scream.

I collapse on the ground and try to get the liquad off my face.

It burn like hell.

I heard a choir of screams and then Jacks arms under me.

"It's okay," he murmurs a deep rumble in his throat. "It's over."

I remember Jack taking me to his room and washing my minor wounds with a soft cloth. Worry was clear even in the dark black holes that were his eyes.

I remember him kissing my forehead, then turning away, closing his door and standing in the hallway, banging his fists against the hall.