Chapter Thirteen- Calls

Rey paced back in forth in her bathroom , her head pounding with fears of the future .

She was 24, President of the History Department at JEDI University and sleeping with her fellow doctor .

She sighed and sunk down on the floor , tears began to flow down her face .

She took deep breaths and sighed. She did the only thing she could do .

"Hello?"

"Da-daddy?" She said into the phone with heavy tears rolling down her face .

"Reyhanne ?" He said.

"Yes ... dad... I... i need help" she said .

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"I... I've gotten into trouble , I need to stay with you for a while daddy" she sighed .

"Reyhanne tell me what happened -"

"Daddy you wouldn't understand ... I need to tell you in person not over the phone " she tried to reason with him.

"Reyhanne you tell me this instant !" He yelled into the phone .

"Orson ! Don't you yell at her !" She heard her stepmother say in the phone .

"Damnit Jyn!" He yelled back "Reyhanne you get here quickly and we're gonna talk about whatever you're in trouble for " he said and closed the phone .

Rey called Finn and asked him to take care of Elphie for a while and then packed her suitcase .

She rolled her stuff down and hopped in her Jeep to drive the six hours to her father's house on the coast.

*

Ben was sitting at his desk , finally break was coming up and he and Rey had a whole week of fun planned . Starting with a marathon of recreating bad porn and drinking their asses in boozes.

As his students were leaving the classroom he opened his laptop.

To: History Department
Re:
From:  Doctor Reyhanne Kenobi

I am sorry to announce but I am going on sabbatical for the time being till the beginning of next semester .

Doctor Benjamin Solo will be leading the department and he will pick who he seems fit to fill his space.

My classes will be dived amongst the professors who choose to have additional classes will be getting my classes.

I hope to see this section thrive .

Best of luck Doctor Solo.

Reyhanne Kenobi.

Ben looked up at down at the email and read it maybe three or four times .

He grabbed his cellphone and dialed her number .

"I'm sorry but the number you have tried to reach is no longer in service ; please hang up and try again ... thank you goodbye" the automated voice message said.

He sighed and tried calling her grandfather who said he hadn't hurt from her . Finn and Poe who both tried calling her already.

He knew this was gonna come up ... fucking Abigail , his wife . They were getting divorce although she was still madly in love with him .

She had been trying to get Ben back for almost three years as their divorce had gone through .

Rey must have found out... that's why ! All he had to due is run to her apartment and tell her the truth that they're divorce is gonna be final anyday now ... besides he wanted Rey, she had to have know that by now .
*

"Rey!" Jyn said as she ran out and hugged the younger woman.

Jyn was her stepmother , a beautiful younger woman who was 37, she is a photographer in her spare time and been married to Rey's father for almost 10 years .

"Hi Jyn" she smiled and hugged her back.

"Let's get inside and something warm to drink ... I think it's going to be raining soon"

Rey followed her inside with her suitcase rolling behind her .

Rey entered the home she had grown up , she remembered her father yelling at her to play piano and him pushing her to quickly do her studies .
*
Ben got to her apartment and banged on the door "Rey ? It's me !" He said

"I have something to tell you!" He told her through the door.

"Rey please I know you're upset but-" he opened the door with the spare key and found her house bare.

The cat wasn't  there, the everything was cleaned ... she was gone .

*

Orson Krennic Kenobi was her grandfather's old child and the man who though history was stupid .

Instead he was a stock broker who made a heavy salary.

Orson was in the kitchen with a cup of coffee waiting for Rey .

Rey sat down at the table and Orson sat across from her . "I'll leave you two ... I'll go bring you bag to your room Rey" Jyn said and made herself scarce.

"What's wrong Reyhanne ?" He asked .

"I've done something I shouldn't have ..."

"Which is ?"

"I ... I've been seeing a married man" she sighed "I found out that his wife , a woman who's an ambassador for some country ... she called his phone and I answered ... he doesn't know I know ... but apparently they got married and their divorce hasn't gone through yet... anyway "

"Reyhanne -"

"I don't wanna hear it !" She yelled .

"Okay fine " he said "why did you need to come here ?"

"I'm pregnant..."

-A.N.-
😱
-Joey