Baking

Most of the time you don't wake up at 4 am to bake, but most of the time you don't wake up from a nightmare about your crush rejecting you in the worse possible way, which is exactly the type of nightmare Anxiety just woke up from, so he was baking some brownies to help him calm down. 

He was carrying the pan to the stove when he heard someone clear their throat, startling him and causing him to drop the pan and getting brownie mix everywhere. He quickly turned around preparing himself to either get stabbed by and intruder or embarrassed by one of his friends. 

"What are you doing up?" Anxiety asked when he saw who the figure was, his crush looking bleary eyed and holding a samurai sword. 

"I heard noises and thought someone had broken in," Prince said tiredly.

"You know where in Thomas' mind right? No one can break in here." Anxiety said pretending he didn't just thin the same thing.

"I am tired and may have forgotten some things. Now it's your turn to tell me what you're doing up." Prince said as he started to be a bit more alert. 

"Well I was making brownies before you came down he and startled me, so now I have to clean up this batter and start over." Anxiety said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. 

"Well, I knew that but what are you doing up at" he checks the clock on the wall before continuing, "4 in the morning making brownies." 

"I couldn't sleep and I wanted something sweet. Now either help me or just go back to bed." Anxiety said annoying creeping into his voice. 

"Of course I'll help you! What sort of prince would I be if I didn't?" Prince asked before grabbing a mop to clean the brownie mix off the floor. They cleaned up the kitchen in silence, only making the occasional noise when their breaths hitched as their hands brushed each other. 

When the brownies were finally done and they each had eaten a piece, Prince said, "Well now that we have about 30 minutes could you tell me why you couldn't sleep?"

"Nightmare" was the mumbled response.

Anxiety clearly didn't want to talk about it, but Prince still requested, "Tell me about it. It could help."

"It won't so just drop it." Anxiety said tensely.

Finally getting the message, but not wanting to drop it Prince said, "Well then you'll just have to sleep in my bed with me, so I can protect you from the nightmares."

"Do you even know how nightmares work? That's not gonna help, so don't" Anxiety protested, blushing slightly when he thought about sharing a bed with. Maybe they would even cuddle. 

"Well, we're still gonna try it," Prince said before picking Anxiety up and throwing him over his shoulder, not even bothering to put the leftover brownies away. Anxiety squeaked but did nothing. Prince was holding him by his thighs and Anxiety loved it. 

When they finally got to Prince's room he gently put Anxiety on his before climbing into the bed himself and cuddling the other. Without much protest, Anxiety began to relax.

Prince must have thought Anxiety becuase he said, "I love you so much Anx, more than you could ever know."

Anxiety smiled sleepily and said, "Love you too."