Up In Flames

"Don't." Lori warned Andrea as Daryl and I entered the house. "They could be anywhere. And if Randall comes back, we're gonna need you here."

     "Randall ain't comin' back." I sighed.

     "Where's Rick and Shane?" I looked over at Daryl who gave me a slight nod.

     "We don't know." I lied.

     "We heard a shot."

     "Maybe they found Randall." Carol suggested.

     "We found him." Glenn spoke up.

     "Is he back in the shed?" Maggie asked.

     "He's a walker." Daryl grumbled.

     "DId ya find the walker that bit 'em?" Hershel asked.

     "No, the weird thing is he wasn't bit." Glenn sighed.

     "His neck was broke." Daryl added.

     "So he fought back." Andrea stated.

     "The thing is, Shane and Randall's tracks were right on top of each other. And Shane ain't no tracker, so he didn't come up behind 'em. They were together."

     "Would you please get back out there, find Rick and Shane and find out what on earth is going on?" Lori asked.

     "You got it." I turned to follow Daryl outside.

     "Hey, wait a second." T-Dog said. "Why aren't you on watch?"

     "Randall's dead, there ain't no threat." I answered.

     "Then can we leave the house?"

     "I'd prefer ya stay, just in case our theory about Shane is wrong." T-Dog nodded and Daryl and I left the house.

     "Hey." Daryl mumbled as we stood on the front porch. "Why didn't ya tell 'em about what happened with Rick and Shane?"

     "Because Shane was one of our group members, they ain't gonna take it well when they find out Rick killed 'em. Best to let Rick tell 'em."

     "I guess." Graaaaaaagh! A faint sound of growling filled the silent property. "Do ya hear that?" I peered through my scope and gasped.

     "What?"

     "Walkers."

     "How many?

     "Too many to count, Rick and Carl are runnin' towards the barn." Daryl opened the front door and motioned for people to take a look.

     "Patricia, kill the lights." Hershel whispered as he saw the massive herd heading towards the barn.

     "I'll get the guns." Andrea stated.

     "Make sure everyone is armed. Is everythin' packed up?" I asked.

     "Everything but the food from the basement." Carol answered.

     "Start loadin' that shit up, pack as much as ya can, we ain't got much time."

     "Maybe they're just passing, like the herd on the highway. Should we just go inside?"

     "Not unless there's a tunnel downstairs I don't know about." Daryl grumbled. "A herd that size would rip the house down."

     "Carl's gone." Lori panted as she ran out onto the porch.

     "What?" Glenn asked.