Chapter 12: hawaii part 2

Chapter 12

As I open the door to our hotel room Jake pops out and scares me half to death again.

"Ahhh!" I yell "Jake you have to stop scaring me!" I yell at him, but he's just laughing.

After he sobered up from his laughing fit he says "I picked out your clothes." I just look at him with no expresstion on my face.

"Come on." he says with a smile on his face. He leads me in to my room.

Geez I hate it when people do that to me. They pick out my clothes like I'm a baby.

I walk to my bedroom to find a hollister shorts and a light blue hollister tank top laid out on the bed. I can't lie, he doesnt have bad taste in clothes.

I get dressed and walk to see Jake leaning against the wall closest to the door.

"Hey, ready to go?" he asks

"Ready as I'll ever be." I say plainly as we walk out of the room.

The halls are quite with no little kids running around... And just silent.

Probably because it's ten-thirty at night.

As we're walking outside twords the beach I see a bone fire and I hear music.

"Jake, are you taking me to that stupid party?" I asked he just smirked at me.

Oh great. I fell for one of his many tricks.

"I can't believe that I fell for that!" I say again

"I can." He smirks at me.

***

I'm sitting on a log keeping an eye on Jake to make sure he doesn't do anything stupid, because he's over there dancing with some girl and I don't want him walking off with her.

"Hey what are you doing here?" Cole says as he's sitting down next to me.

"I fell for one of Jake's stupid tricks." I groaned

"Oh that explains it. I didn't think of you as a party slash fun girl."

"I'm fun." I defended myself "I mean I have a fun side... It's just..." I paused because I don't want my big seceret out for every one to hear.

"Hey you can talk to me you know." he says in a soothing voice. "I mean when ever somebody ask you to go to a party, you freeze up, say no and then run away." Cole explains. I can't believe he picked up all that from me in just three weeks.

"Come on what's up?" he says agian.

Okay here it goes.

"A few years ago... meaning like five. My uncle was looking for somewhere to stay so we took him in. He's amazing and would let me do like anything and won't tell my mom about. One Friday night my friends and I snuck out, to go to a party. Neither my mom nor Justin knew and I got drunk. I had walked to the party knowing my drunk self would get in a car. So it was about three a.m. When I was gonna go home. And everybody knows running the streets of new York city while drunk is not a good idea, and not safe..."

"Wait you lived in new York?" Cole cut me off.

"Yeah... So I called Justin knowing that he wouldn't tell my mom. But he was furous with me sneaking out. He kept telling me to I should've just woke him up and tell him that I was leaving... he was looking at me and didn't see the light turn red, and... A truck..."

"It's okay you don't have to finish." Cole cuts me off in a soft voice.

"Since then I told myself that I would never to go to another party or get drunk agian." I finish my story.

Oh great now my big secret is out for every one to know.

"Hey, I'm sorry" Cole says.

"It's okay, I just feel like it was all my fault" I says with tears streaming down my face.

Cole looks at me with sadness in his eyes.

I suck it up and say "Please, Cole, I don't want pity."

After about five minutes Of akward silence Jake comes over. "Hey guys!" he slurrs his words a bit. "Maya! Why aren't you drinking or dancing or have fun." He says in a baby voice. Jake goes back to the party after realizing that I wouldn't answer him.

***

As I'm keeping an eye on Jake I noticed that he hasn't touched a drink other than water for the past hour. He comes over agian.

"Maya whats wrong? I can tell that something is bothering you." Jake doesn't sound drunk anymore.

"Nothing." I answer because I don't want to explain everything again then he sends Cole away and sits next to me.

"Hey... I'm pretty sober now" He says.

What the hell does that mean!?

"umm... What?" I ask.

"I didn't think you would want to take a walk with a drunk Jake so..." he says

Oh that explains it I thought that the walk was just done line that he made up.

"Um... Ok" I say kind Of hesitant

***

We're walking along the shore, looking out at the calm waves, with the sky pink and a hint of purple shining on the water.

"Hey you okay?" I swear of he says that one more time I'm gonna break his nose.

"Yeah why?" I ask trying not to sound annoyed.

"It's just that you're really quiet, ever since I saw you talking to Cole.... I saw you crying" he explains

"What!?" I pause for a second and then relized what I have said. "I mean really I'm fine, he just brought back a sad memory. And I wouldn't like to talk about it." I come clean with him, I don't even know why he's kissing up to me.

"I know exactly how you feel. I won't pressure you in to telling me" he says with his eyes full with pity.

Geez I hate it when people pity me.

______________________

Hey guys sorry it took so long :/

Wow! 800+ readers thanks guys! Please comment i would love to what yu think about the book so far;)