chapter 19: Happy Ever After

As I'm being crushed by my mother's hug I mangae to choke out "Mom, you weren't supposed to land for a week." "I know, but I got an earilier flight!" she says letting me go. I look over to Zach, who wears a smirk ascross his face. "Uh, mom what is he doing here?"

"Oh, the doll was there to pick me up, so I didn't have to get a rental." she turns and smiles at him. I make eye contact with him, Jake must be feeling a little protective, because he hugs me from behind, haha! and the best part is that we just started 'dating' like twenty minutes ago, and I haven't told my mom about it yet, as for Zach, well I think he deserved to find out this way.

"Uh, Zach can I talk to you for a minute?" I say as Jake's grip gets alittle tighter around my waist "It's okay." I whisper to him.

Zach follows me into the living room.

"Maya please tell me that you and Jake aren't-"

"I can't. Because, we are." I say letting out a breath that feels like I've been holding ever since we broke up.

He runs a hand through his hair out of frustration "How long."

I check my invisible watch on my wrist "Oh, about twenty minutes now." I cross my arms.

He shakes his head and walks out of the house. "What's wrong with him?" my mom asks. "Nothing he's just upset, uh, mom I need to tell you something before I go any further into this relationship."

"Relationship?" She raises her eye brows.

"Yeah, me and Jake have been dating for about twenty five minutes now." I say walking over to him.

she laughs a little "I leave to go see your dad for three months and you're just now getting into a relationship?"

"Wait I thought you said that you were going to Hong Kong for a business trip." I say

"I was- I mean I did. What did you think I said honey?" she puts most of her weight on her left foot.

"With all due respect Ms. Anderson, you did say to go see her dad." Jake cuts in.

My mother let out a sigh, "Maya I did go there to see your father, but it was to get him to start paying child support."

"Okay." I say. You may think I'm way to calm about this but as long as she didn't bring him back with her, then I'm fine with her seeing him. "Lets eat shall we?" I say taking Jake's hand and leading my mom to the kitchen to eat.

For the rest of the night we talked about Hawaii and all the things that happened to us over the past three months, and Jake asked me on our first date.

When we graduated Jake and I both moved to New York and went NYU together, I became a FBI agent and Jake is a lawyer. After we got married we one beautiful daughter named Lizzy.