Chapter 13: Something fun

I wake up for a brief couple of seconds.i notice that someone is carrying me . It's cole. I get a quick glance at one of the many clocks in the hallway.

its 3:24

after that I dose off again. the next thing I know im woken up with ice cold water on my face. I shoot stright up to an upright position. I saw Jake walking out the front door. 'what the....' I say to myself. I decide to stay awake because once im awake I'm not going back to sleep. I turn to my phone and see that its 9:33.

I get up and walk in to the kichen to be greeted by the smell of blueberry Pancakes and I look slightly to my right and see frech toast! I look further to my right and I see Cole.

what is he doing in our kitchen? hell what is he doing in our room!?

"hey" he greets me with a smile on his face.

"hey, what are you doing here?" I ask

"Jake left early and didnt make you breakfast" he says turning back to check on the French Toast.

"wait what... Jake was just here about ten minutes ago." I say confused.

"yeah... he still didn't make you... wait how do you know that?" he asks.

"because he poured..." a knock on the door interrupted me. I walk over to see Sally standing there. I open the door, as im about to say 'hi' I see her looking up and down at my pajamas with a disapproving look on her face. "why are you not dressed and ready?" she says snapping out of her thoughts.

"umm... for what? " I say kind of weirded out.

"Jake didnt tell you?"

geez woman spit it out!

"tell me what? " I say trying to get whatever it is out of her.

"oh well if Jake didnt tell you it'll have to be a surprise. now go get dressed in something you can have fun in." with that said she walked out the door.

well thats a major hint.

I go in my bathroom and take a shower. After im done I rap my hair up in a towel and find a pair of jean shirts and a tank top. I guess I can have fun in this.

I decide to curl my hair. hey we might be going to an amusement park or something.

I head out to the kichten agian and Cole is gone. He have gone to get ready for 'having fun'

I walk out of the hotel room and down to Sallys floor her room number is 126.

I knock on her door and Jake answers it. "uh... What are you doing here?" he asks

"I thought I was supposed to come down here when I was ready" I say looking down at my shoes.

"getting ready for what?" he asks agian

"I don't know, Sally told me to get ready and dress in something I can have fun in." I say still not making eye contact with him.

"oh, you mean the marathon?" geez so many questions.

"I guess so." I'm so confused right now.

"the only reason I didn't tell you'd because I didn't think you would want to come running with us." he explains.

Sally calls running a marathon fun?

"hey! Are you ready?" Sally chimes in

"mom, Maya doesn't want to go." Jake says

"what?! I never said tha! I'm going and I'm gonna beat you!" I say finally looking up ad poking Jake in the chest.

"bring it" he says as he's walking out of the room to go get ready.

I take that 'bring it' as a challenge and I'm never one to back out of a challenge.

***

We're at the marathon. It's warm out so it might slow me down just a bit. But I'm not going to let it, I'm beating Jake whether he likes it or not.

It starts in about two minutes. The staff is calling everyone who entered and I'm standing in between Jake and Cole at the starting line. The whole staff keeps reminding us that it is not a race. But to me and Jake it is.

They blow the whistle and I start out jogging and Jake zooms past me. There's one thing I know that he doesn't, if you start off slow you finish fast.

***

We're about to 3/4 done with the marathon and I'm tailing Jake with Cole and Sally behind us.

There's a sign saying that the finish line is in 100 feet. Jane turns and smirks because he thinks he's going to win.

When in see the sign saying that the finish line is in 15 feet I start to go faster and catch up with Jake and turned to give him the same smirk that he gave me. Before I know it I'm passed him and I won.

(the next day)

We have to go back to Cali today. I dont know about the others but I had fun. But sadly when we get back we have to go back to school spring breaks over an I got to spend it in Hawaii!

JAKES POV-

It's morning and Mayas still sleeping. She better get her sleepy butt up if she doesn't want cold water on her face agian like yesterday. I smile at the thought.

I'm already packed so I head down to Coles room. He's folding his clothes so they can all fit in his suitcase as for me I just shove things in there and make it fit. Works pretty well for me.

"hey I still can't believe you got beaten by a girl man." cole said as he saw me walking in.

"dude I told you I let her win" I pause for a split second "hey where's mom?" I ask

"she's down getting food for you me and Maya."

"Speaking of what do you think about her."

"who?"

"Maya?"

Maya's POV-

After Im all packed and ready I leave me bags in out room next to Jakes.

I go to Sally's where I assume Jake is. I'm about to walk in when I hear them talking about me.

"Maya?" I hear Jakes deep voice

"oh... I don't know ... She's nice." Cole says a little hesitant.

"come in dude, you and I both know you like her. I saw by the way you were looking at her at the party." Jake explains

I'm shocked to hear Jake say that. I mean Cole and I are just friends. Right?

I listen agian to hear what Cole says. I'm sure he's going to say that we're just friends.

"okay, just between you and me, i do like her a little bit, and I deffinately know you like her to Jake." cole says

Before I know it Jake swings open the door. "were you sping on us?" he asks

"uh... No I was just about to walk in" I lied he gives me a look like he doesn't believe me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------__________

A/N

Hey guys sorry it took so long

But I think this might be my longest chapter :)

Vote

Comment

Follow