Chapter 17

Haley's P.O.V

I walk into the apartment building. I start to walk up the steps and think. I feel kind of guilty for doing this to Harry. Then I reminded by the stinging pain that Harry caused by cheating on me. I guess that we weren't really going out. I mean, he did say that we should see other people secretly. Maybe it was all for show. Maybe he really didn't love me. Well I don't care. I hate him now and nothing can change that.

"Hey are you okay?" I guy voice says. I realize that I am just staring at my door. I turn around to look at him. He's very cute. He must be our next door neighbor.

"No, I'm okay. Thanks," I say digging in my purse for my keys.

"You live next door to me now?" he says pointing my door.

"Yeah, I guess." I say finding my keys.

"What's your name?" he says leaning up against the wall.

"Haley." I say getting uncomfortable.

"Oh. Hello Haley. My name is Jake." He says.

"Oh well hello Jake." I says putting the keys into the lock. Why am I uncomfortable? He's a very nice boy.

"Oh okay I can see that you have to go so I'll talk to you later." He says starting to walk away.

"Wait." I say, "do you wanna maybe hang out for a bit at my place?"

His face lights up immediately. "Yes that would be awesome."

I open the door and let him in. We go in and I give him a tour.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Harry's P.O.V

"Yea I guess" I say and she looks at me with this smile.

"I knew that you would come back to me. You always do." She says and that's all that she has to do get get me over the edge.

"You know what Kendall, you are even lucky that I am even here. The only reason that I am with you right now because if I wasn't then I would lose my job. I could be with Haley right instead of here and I wish that I was." I say and tears start to brim her eyes.

Well this is going to be a long night.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Haley's P.O.V

Jake and I order pizza. We sit on the couch and wait for it to be delivered. We sit down and watch friends. Jake is close. Too close. But I don't think that he means it.

"Hey do you want to play 20 questions?" he asks looking excited.

"Yeah! Sure!" I say and we face each other.

"Okay what is your favorite color?" He asks.

"Blue, what is your favorite movie?" I ask and he puts is finger on his chin acting like he is thinking.

"We're the Millers!" he says.

"No way! That is my favorite movie too!" I say surprised.

"No way!" he says.

There is a knock at the door and our game comes to an end. Jake gets up to get it. I told him that I would pay, but he insisted that he would be paying. He won that battle.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

After we were done eating the whole box of pizza we started to watch a movie. We got really close. There was this really scary part so I hid my face in his chest.

We both looked at each others no got closer and closer. Until our lips touched. He caressed my cheek with his hand. We continued to kiss until we heard the door open and the lights turn on.

We both jump up and back away from each other. It was Jess who opened the door.

"What is going on here?" Jess says looking shocked and confused.

"Oh.....um.... this is our next door neighbor Jake. I invited him over for a little bit to talk." I say.

"It looked like it was just more than talking." She says crossing her arms in front of her chest and smiles.

"I'm just gonna go." Jake says, "bye Haley. I'll talk to you later." He walks out the door.

________________________

Author's Notes:

Hey guys I'm in Pennsylvania. I'm skiing.

I told you that I would update. Please comment and drop in a vote.

I love you guys!!!!