Isaac Lahey - "I'm going to take care of you."

"No!" You shook your head and stared at the creature in front of you. Your heart was racing in your chest and while you stopped breathing you heard a voice in the back of your mind screaming that you had to run. "No, you're not Isaac..." You shook your head again and all of a sudden the adrenaline rushed through your veins.

"Wait! I can explain!" The monster tried to speak as softly as possible, but you didn't want to listen.

You just wanted to get away from here. You just wanted to get away from him.

"Seriously..." The monster turned back into the boy you knew. "Why does Scott never have this? Why am I always the one falling in love with someone freaking out when I tell them that I'm a werewolf?"

You took a deep breath before you turned around and started running. You ignored your protesting muscles. You ignored your hurting feet. You didn't care about the pain in your side and your burning lungs. You only cared about getting away from him, it, whatever.

"Come on, (Y/N)!" Isaac wasn't too far behind you though and no matter how fast you were it seemed impossible to outrun him. "I'm a good guy! I promise!" Isaac screamed and eventually he placed a hand on your shoulder and forced you to stop.

"You didn't look like one of the good guys..." You tripped over your own feet and ended on your back in the mud. "You looked like a monster."

Isaac rolled his eyes and he pressed his hands in his sides while he was towering over you. "I know that my werewolf form isn't the prettiest version of me, but I promise I don't hurt anyone who doesn't deserve it." He shook his head and then he seemed to realise that you were still on the ground. He stretched out his hand and a little reluctantly you grabbed it.

"And how do you determine who deserves it?" You were out of breath and you could feel your heart beating in your chest. "What makes you one of the good guys and those you hurt the bad guys?"

"That's a long story..." Isaac took a deep breath. "But..." He paused for a moment, his hand still holding onto yours. "There are quite some scary things in this life, actually." He took a deep breath. "And maybe it's better if I don't tell you about all of them right now, because I'm pretty sure that you won't be able to sleep at night anymore." He licked his lips. "I sometimes don't even sleep at night anymore and I actually have claws to defend myself."

You couldn't help curling your lips up into a little smile. "I think the upcoming nights you'll be the main character in my nightmares, Lahey." You shook your head.

"Sorry..." Isaac swallowed. "Look, I know it doesn't seem like it, but I'm going to take care of you." He stared at you and he pulled you a little closer towards him. "I'm sorry I scared you. I didn't mean to."

"I'll need a couple of days to get over the shock, I think..." You pulled your hand back and tucked a strand of hair behind your ear. "In the meantime you can think about a way to make up for this."

"Yeah, I understand. Sorry, really. I'll figure something out. I don't wanna lose you."