Isaac Lahey - "Hey, hey, calm down! They can't hurt you anymore!"

Isaac's skin was covered in sweat and he was turning from one side to the other. The sheets that should be covering him were on the floor next to him and his pillow looked completely soaked.

"Isaac..." You carefully placed a hand on his shoulder. You had seen him like this before. You had seen him more often like this than you wanted, than you liked. But you knew that even though he was nowadays sleeping safely by your side, you couldn't take his nightmares away with a simple snap of your fingers. "Isaac, wake up..."

His eyes flashed open and the moonlight was reflected by the glimmering gold. With a shock he sat up and he tensed all his muscles while he clenched his jaw.

"Hey, hey..." You placed a hand on his arm. "Calm down!" You spoke softly and you started to rub his glowing skin. "They can't hurt you anymore. He can't hurt you anymore." You placed your other hand on his back and started to draw circles, endless circles, with the tips of your fingers. "Did you have the same nightmare as always?" You whispered and let your head rest on his shoulder. "It's just a nightmare. Your father is gone and he will never come back. No one will lock you in a freezer again and no one will tell you that you're not good enough again."

"But what if I'm not good enough? What if I mess this whole thing between us up? What if I mess something up with the pack and someone gets hurt or worse?" Isaac looked up at you. He had a frown on his forehead and his lips were forming a straight line. "I'm not really good at this whole friendship and relationship thing and maybe I'll never get good at it." The fingers of his hand went through his hair.

"We all have doubts about relationships and friendships sometimes, but you know what the nice thing about relationships and friendships is?" You paused for a moment. "It's not about being perfect. It's not about never making mistakes. It's not about never screaming at each other. It's not about never fighting over something or someone. It's about feeling safe enough to be yourself and say what's on your mind and in your heart. It's knowing that even though you mess up, the other will still be there in the end, when you need them."

Isaac's lips curled up into a slight smile and he relaxed his shoulders a little. "I don't wanna fight with you or hurt you or scream at you." He tucked a strand of hair behind your ear and you smiled back at him while you nodded.

"I know, but it's going to happen some day and that's okay." You licked your lips. "If I ever scream at you or fight with you or are in any way angry with you..." You kept silent for a short moment. "Know that it's not because I stopped loving you. It's because I know that even though I scream and fight with you, you're not going anywhere. That even though I'm angry with you, you'll still love me."

Isaac leaned in and he pressed a soft kiss on your lips. "I'll keep that in mind, thanks."