Request - Isaac Lahey "Tic tac"

"You're doing it again..." Isaac hissed between his teeth and he narrowed his eyes while he turned his face towards you.

"What?" You looked up from your homework, a frown on your forehead. Maths wasn't exactly your favorite subject and so far Isaac had not been the help he had promised to be.

"Your finger is tapping." He took a deep breath and he closed the book in front of him. "I can't concentrate on anything when you do that."

"You know I can't help it!" You raised your voice and you shook your head. "If it annoys you this much, maybe you shouldn't invite me to come over to make homework."

"You were the one who needed help with maths!" Isaac started to yell too and you stood up from your seat. "Where are you going?" Isaac straightened his back, but you shrugged your shoulders.

You had no idea where you were going.

Somewhere. Anywhere. Away from him.

Of course he wasn't the first to tell you that your tapping finger was annoying. He probably wouldn't be the last either. But if he kept on saying that it was annoying, that you were annoying, it would only get worse.

Ever since someone had told you about your tic, you had tried to get rid of it. You had visited therapists and doctors, but no matter what you tried, the tic always kept on coming back, especially when you were stressed or insecure or emotional. You had eventually gotten used to it. You didn't even notice anymore that you were doing it.

But getting used to it seemed to be a lot harder for the world around you.

"(Y/N)?" Isaac opened the door towards the hallway, sighing relieved when he saw you still standing there, walking back and forth between the front door and the door to the toilet.

"Are you here to see if I have actually left? Did you want to be sure you would be able to concentrate on your homework again?" You crossed your arms over your chest and now your foot was tapping.

"No, of course not." Isaac shook his head and he scratched the back of his neck. "I just wanted to see if you were okay."

You raised your eyebrows and felt the tears burning in your eyes. Of course you weren't okay. You were so tired of being called annoying. You were so tired of being asked to stop, even though you had no idea how to do that. You were so tired of being blamed for something you had absolutely no control over.

"I didn't mean it like that, okay?" Isaac swallowed. "I like making homework with you. I actually like having you around in general, it's just, that sometimes..." He didn't finish his sentence and you didn't feel the need to reply or answer. "Look, even if those tics can somehow get annoying, that doesn't mean that I don't like you anymore." His cheeks blushed. "You're not annoying and I know you can't help it and I'm sorry, okay? I'm just tired and this whole dread doctors thing is stressing me out and..."

You rolled your eyes and with a few fast steps you walked towards him. While you wrapped your arms around his neck you pressed your lips on his. "Can you stop talking, please?" You interrupted the kiss for a short moment before you kissed him again. "You're not making it better, trust me."