Request - Klaus Mikaelson (and Isaac Lahey) "Not a choice"

Sequel to "A little bit of help" (July 2016) and "A price to pay" (July 2016)

"If he does something you don't like, you give me a call, okay?" Isaac had the palms of his hands pressed to your cheeks. "If he touches you or forces you to do anything, I will only be a few blocks away, I promise."

You nodded and you took a deep breath when the doorbell rang. "I'll make sure he brings me home safely." You turned around and opened the door, forcing yourself to smile when Klaus Mikaelson offered your a bouquet of the most expensive flowers he could probably find.

"I see your guardian dog has accepted his loss?" He nodded at the werewolf standing behind you and you could see how Isaac clenched his teeth. "I have to admit he has more braincells than I initially thought in that case." Klaus turned around and offered you his arm. Even after all those years he had clearly not lost any of his charm.

"We're all very thankful for what you did for Beacon Hills." You decided to avoid the question. "Things have never been this calm and we have never felt this safe before." You turned your face to the hybrid walking next to you.

He was clearly pleased with himself and with the amount of praise he was getting for protecting this worthless little town in California even though he didn't have to do that. "There are a few special people in this world I walk an extra mile for." He winked and opened the passenger door of the oldtimer he had parked in front of the house. "My family and you."

Carefully you stepped in and you swallowed when you noticed the expensive interior. Your back was resting against a white leather seat. Your feet were standing on dark black tapestry that would have looked amazing in the living room of a villa.

"I am glad you've realized that those werewolf boys can not compete with my intelligence and talent." Klaus closed the door and hurried to the driver's seat. With only one hand on the steering wheel and the other on your upper leg he drove away at something that felt like the speed of light.

You knew that somewhere behind you Isaac would be cursing because he had sworn himself to keep an eye on you. You had already tried to tell him that you could look after yourself, but he had distrusted Klaus, and probably you too, that much that it had been impossible to talk him out of his ridiculous plan.

"I hope you don't mind a little ride, love?" Klaus smiled while he turned his head towards you, his car not slowing down even a little. "I couldn't find any restaurant of quality in Beacon Hills, so I have reserved a table in 'Providence' in Los Angeles."

You swallowed. "Of course I don't mind. I have always wanted to eat there!" You were not sure if Klaus would really believe your faked enthusiasm and you looked for your phone in your purse. "I will let my friends know that they do not need to worry about me if I come home late." You didn't wait for Klaus' reaction and opened your whatsapp.

"Providence, LA"

As quickly as you could you pressed send and before Klaus could say or ask anything you put the phone away again. "So, how is life in New Orleans? How is your family? How is your daughter?" You folded your hands in your lap and tried to relax a little while Klaus drove faster and faster, far and far away from Beacon Hills and your boyfriend.