blame

"Leave me out of this! Actually leave me out of everything! I want nothing to do with you!" She screamed and each word priced my heart causing pain.

I stood still watching her run in the opposite direction. I hadn't moved but I knew her cheeks were wet with tears. How I knew was simple. There were only two natural reactions to betrayal tears or completely uncontrollable anger. At least they were thr only two reactions that made sense to me.

I saw the world around me move but I didn't know it was me who was moving until my knees hit the ground. The shooting pains in my legs were nothing compared to the pain I felt radiating through my chest.

I had promised I wouldn't hurt her. I had promised that I'd treat her like an angel and always be the cause of her happiness. Now I had broken all of my promises to her.

Pulling at my hair I leaned over and let out a pain filled yell.

I knew I was the one to blame. I couldn't blame anyone else all of this was my fault all of this was because of me and my stupid mistakes.

I couldn't remember when it all started but I knew that I'd never really been truthful with her no matter how much I had wanted to be. I couldn't. Instead I did all the wrong things. I had taken the blame and now I was facing the consequences.

I wanted her to know why, to know that I'd never meant to take it this far. I wanted to explain but now I'm afraid any type of explanation will hurt her.
I hated the fact that while I had every chance to stop and tell her what was really happening, I never did tell her. I kept on doing everything even when I knew it was wrong.  God what the hell was wrong with me?

I could just hear her say Everything.

I love her or I did love her. I don't know. God, could that sound anymore pathetic?

Extremely Special deleted scene that will not make it into a book any time soon.