Cool it now

Arrington Noel Cruz
June 16, 1991

I've been in the studio a lot lately with other artists so I haven't had time to see DeVante or Jodeci. I was in the middle of writing some lyrics when JoJo walked in.

"Ari, where you been hiding? I ain't see you in almost two weeks." He took a seat next to me.

"I know, I've been writing with other artists this past week. How's everything?"

"Cool, we're supposed to be going on tour soon, so that means I get new pussy in different area codes."

I laughed. "I hate you. Yo can I ask you something?"

"Anything babygirl."

"This is gonna be random but has DeVante ever put his hands on a girl?"

He looked at me weird. "Like beat a bitch ass type?" I nodded. "Nah, trust me most of the girls he messed with, if he was hitting them EVERYONE would know. Plus I wouldn't let you entertain him if I knew he did that. Why? He hit you?"

"No, hell no. It's just he was telling me he can be a very possessive person."

He chuckled. "Oh no he's very possessive over the women he's dating. That man loves hard when he actually loves someone. But not in a sense of harming you its just he wants so much of your attention and all of you that if a guy even sneezes in your direction he won't hesitate to shoot him. He's a good guy though."

I nodded. I mean I'm a writer, I'm gonna be working with men. I don't just write songs for women so I don't know how this is gonna work. I mean I get wanting total attention of the person you're dating but I don't know this is all new to me.

"So he's not gonna be whooping my ass like Ike did Tina?"

JoJo laughed so hard as the rest of guys walked in. "No Anna Mae Bullock, you don't gotta eat the cake." We both started dying of laughter until DeVante came in we got quiet and stared at him.

He looked us weird and JoJo got up and walked to the chairs after greeting the guys

He looked us weird and JoJo got up and walked to the chairs after greeting the guys. K-Ci sat next to me smiling.

"Hey baby mama." I chuckled.

"When did we establish this?"

"Don't play games, I know you only messing with DeVante because you was mad I was never home.. I'm back baby, you can come back."

I died laughing and Dalvin jumped in. "Nigga back up she's my wife. You is a side piece."

I shook my head and looked back down at my note book.

"Y'all niggas shut the fuck up and back off mines. K-Ci, JoJo come listen to this beat." De said as he looked me in the eyes. I looked back down under his gaze and kept writing.

He started playing on the piano and it sounded like come and talk to me but in a different key. I hummed as he stopped. They looked at me.

"Care to share?" Dalvin asked.