Never Leave

Donald Earle DeGrate II
November 5, 2005

"She looks so beautiful." Ari said as we watched Zyla performing in her ballet recital. We were sitting there like proud parents because she ended up getting a solo.

Never in my life did I think I'd be the parent who is at every function their kid is facing and participating in activities and functions, but I am. Zyla likes to do everything that is creative so I'm constantly driving her around, especially since Ari is 8 months pregnant. The doctor is supposed to induce her labor in a couple of days, but she wants to enjoy every moment she has now.

DJ started standing in my lap and clapped for his sister when she was done. "Yaaaaaayyy Zyla!" DJ said laughing. I chuckled and kissed his cheek, my little man is just the cutest thing. When it was over we waited for Zyla to come to us. We rolled in the recital deep. My parents, Arrington's parents, the boys, Kayla & her husband, Jada, Dyanna and Justin.

We all cheered as she walked over to us. She hugged everyone and hopped on Dalvin's back. When I tell you that's her favorite uncle. Sometimes I feel bad for Derrick cause she has literally said in front of him that her favorite uncle is Dalvin. We all headed out to get something to eat.

"Soooo... Are you guys finally going to tell us what the baby is going to be?" My mom asked smiling.

I looked at Ari who was busy eating her two plates of food and some of mine. She looked up at me and smiled. I kissed her cheek and took a sip of my drink. "It's a boy."

"Oh great another nephew." Derrick said smiling.

"And a girl." Ari said with her mouth full.

"Wait what? Y'all having twins?" K-Ci asked almost spitting out his drink.

I nodded my head. "She's supposed to go get induced in a couple days."

"How the hell you gonna have twins?" Dalvin said looking confused.

"I feel so sorry for you. All of them are under 5, ooh I got chills." Kayla said shaking.

I laughed as Ari shrugged still eating food. "That's why I'm trying to eat all I can cause 12 hours before my induction I must starve."

We all laughed at her exaggeration. Soon the night grew on and the kids got cranky because they were tired, so we knew it was time to go home. On the way home I rubbed Ari's stomach and she fell asleep. When we arrived to the house I got the kids out waiting for Ari to get out the car. With that big ass stomach it takes 8 minutes just to get off the couch. She developed this rolling technique that seems to work for her though.

I got everyone inside and gave the kids a bath before putting them in bed. I walked in our room and didn't see Ari there. I walked downstairs and she was sitting on the third step sleeping. "Baby? Why you down here? Come to bed."

"Too many stairs. I got tired so I sat here to take a break."

"You literally on climbed up three steps." I said chuckling which apparently was a bad idea cause she got emotional.

She started crying. "You're so mean to me. You know it's hard for me and you continue to make these comments as if their funny. I already know I'm fat you don't have to remind me. I'll sleep down here then." She said about to get up but I stopped her and sat beside her.

"Arrington stop, you're not fat baby. You're pregnant with twins. You're still beautiful like the first day I laid eyes on you."

"I've gained 82 pounds. I look like a damn sumo wrestler."

"Baby no, you're gorgeous. Besides after having the kids it put all the weight in the right places. I love your curves. It's the reason why I keep getting you pregnant."

She smiled and looked at me. "You really like my size?"

"Of course baby. You're the most beautiful girl I have ever laid my eyes on and I love you. It is a blessing to wake up to you everyday. You've given me the biggest blessing by giving me our children and even before they came you treated my kids like your own. Thank you."

She laid her head on my shoulder. "You welcome baby. I love you so much, I don't ever want to lose you."

"You won't baby, never again." I said stroking her hair.

------

Excuse any errors.