Baby Zyla

Arrington Noel DeGrate
January 12, 2002

"Ow! Damn Donald just put it in a damn ponytail!" I yelled at him as he tried to do something with my hair. I've been in labor for about 8 hours and my uterus is dead.

"My bad babe. You got a lot of hair." He said finally fixing it in a ponytail.

"I'm so over this. Your daughter needs to get the hell out of my vagina." My dumb ass thought it would cool to do this shit naturally. Now it's too damn late to get an epidural because I'm already 7 cm dilated but she wanna keep playing.

"Try to breath Ari. You can't be stressing." Kayla said laying in the corner in a couch.

My parents are watching TV while Donald's mom is watching the baby monitor and his dad is knocked out. Donald's phone began to ring and he answered it.

"What's up Dal?... Nah she ain't come yet... I mean the doctor says she's doing good... Oh no she's going through hell... It's scary as hell... She almost murdered me over her ponytail... Yes! And told me I am the reason for this pain and she'll never have sex with me again... Exactly like we all know that's a lie, I mean have you seen me?" I looked at him with a death glare as he talked to Dalvin. He looked over me and averted his eyes. "I gotta go, code red... Bye."

"Ooh have you seen me? She's mean! Blah blah bloo blah! Dumb ass with that damn ugly ass rat you call hair. I ain't doing this no more. One and done."

He laughed and kissed my forehead. "You know damn well I'm gonna get two or three more before we're done."

I rolled my eyes holding my stomach. The doctor came in to check how dilated I am and of course Donald stood behind him watching as if he knows what the hell is going on. Soon it was time to push and everyone left the room except my mom, Donald's mom, Kayla, and Donald.

Seven pushes... Seven painful exhausting pushes and I heard the most beautiful cry in the world. Her cries were like melodies to my ears.

I looked down at her beautiful face and she was everything I could ever ask for

I looked down at her beautiful face and she was everything I could ever ask for. Everything I've gone through led to this moment. This little girl made me a mom. She gave me the greatest gift that I've always wanted.

I gave her to Donald and held her close as if at any moment she could slip away. "Thank you." He said to me but never taking his eyes off Zyla.

Everybody walked in and made noises as they saw her. Dalvin held her placing kisses on her cheek.

"Hey lil mama, you finally here. I'm your uncle Dalvin. You can come to me for anything." Dalvin said looking at her in awe.

"What's her name?" Justin asked smiling down at her.

I looked at Donald as he kissed my forehead. He looked up at everyone and smiled. "Zyla Marie DeGrate, coming in at 8 lbs 3 oz." De said looking proud.

"She is gorgeous." Kayla responded handing her back to me.

"Hi ZyZy, look at those cheeks. Welcome to world baby, you got a lot of people here who love you to death. I promise I won't let you down." I said to her quietly. I'm just in awe of her.

After 10 years, 2 miscarriages, many fights and depression, it all led up to this. She is a gift from God. She is perfect. She is mine.

------

Excuse any errors