Resentment

Arrington Noel Cruz
April 24, 1994

"You ain't touch the bitch, but yet she saying y'all raped her? Why was she even in your room Donald?"

He sighed turning over in bed. "Arrington I didn't touch the girl. She was hanging with K-Ci and sucked up the guys."

"All y'all in relationships but yet there's a female in your room. And only the the guys she gave head to? I look stupid to you don't I?"

"This ain't what I wanted to come home to. I just wanted to come and spend time with my girl."

I sucked my teeth and got up from my spot in the bed to lean over him. "Well that's not gonna happen. Tell me the truth, did you touch her or no?"

He looked me in my eyes. "I did not touch the girl. I didn't have sex with her and her mouth was nowhere near me. I respect our relationship, I wouldn't do that to you. You can even ask the guys, they know. She was coolin' with K-Ci and BAM she claimed rape."

I eyed him before getting off the bed and going to the living room. "Those are your boys, of course they'd take up for you. You better hope that's all cause if you cheated on me, you and that bitch are going to feel my wrath. Ain't gonna be no damn wedding, no marriage, no engagement, no nothing so I hope you're telling the truth." He came out the room walking up to me. I put my hand up. "I don't wanna talk to you right now Donald. The fact that your name is associated with this is what's pissing me off more. How could you be so fucking stupid?"

I was about to walk to the kitchen but he grabbed me. "Baby I did nothing. I am innocent. None of us would rape anybody. I literally got off the phone with you when I was going to bed. Remember?"

"Did you really go to bed or were you just telling me that? Usually you want me to go to your shows but the last few you've been acting shady."

"I'm not acting shady babe. I'm letting you work. You were the one who told me you wanted to be your own person. You don't even like coming to the shows." He's right I don't care to go to his shows, but I'm upset he even let there be an opportunity for this to happen. "I haven't done anything wrong. Do you know how much I love you? I would never jeopardize what we have for a groupie."

I sighed rolling my eyes. "Fine. I trust you. If you say you did nothing then I'll drop it."

"Thank you baby." He tried kissing me but I turned my head the other way. "Really Arrington?"

"I said I'll drop it, but that don't mean nothing. When the judge say y'all not guilty then we cool. Goodnight, have fun sleeping on the couch."

"The couch?!"

I turned to face him. "Would you rather be in the comfort of your own bed at your own home? Cause you can go."

"I miss the quiet Arrington. This one testosterone levels have gone up cause you just mean." He said grabbing a pillow and sheet before laying on the couch. I smirked and walked into my room.

/////

The next day I was woken up by the shower running. I got up going into the bathroom to do my morning routine. I flushed the toilet and De stuck his head out the shower curtain.

"Good morning gorgeous." He said smiling.

I washed my hands and grabbed my toothbrush. "Morning, you hungry?"

"I am, but I can cook something for us today. I wanna talk to you."

Once I was finished brushing my teeth I opened the shower curtain. "What you wanna talk about? You okay?"

He nodded. "I'm fine babe calm down. You bout to get in soon?"

"Yeah you can leave the water on." He wrapped the towel around his waste and stepped out going into the room.

I stripped out my clothes and took a nice hot shower. After my skin felt like raisins I decided it was a good time to get out. I dried off in the bathroom before putting on a robe. Kayla is barely home since she finally stopped playing games and accepted Xavier's proposal after 7 times of him asking. Mind you each time he proposed he had a new ring.

When I got in the room De was coming in with food. He had on some sweatpants and socks with no shirt. I admired his tattoos because he went and got more but I got to get my tattoos as well so it was a fun experience. I sat on the bed as he rested the food on the dresser.

He walked up to me and kissed my lips. I leaned back on the bed allowing him to get in between my legs. He pulled away from the kiss and looked at me.

"You know I love you?" He asked looking me directly in the eyes.

"Yes, I love you too."

"You support me in whatever and I can tell you anything right?"

"Donald you already know this. Now what's up?"

"Promise you won't get mad and you'll think about it." I scrunched up my eyebrows about to protest. "Promise Ari."

"Okay I promise. Now tell me." I wrapped my arm around his neck as my hand stroked his cheek.

"I want to stop taking the pills."

"What? Why? You're doing fine with these new ones."

"I know, but babe I'm not truly fine. I still get groggy. I'm anxious. On top of that, they're lowering my dose anyways and Dr. Barnett asked if I would like to stop them.. I told him yes."

"So why the hell are you talking to me? It's not like you're truly trying to get my opinion you're just telling me what you're gonna do."

"Baby it's not even like that. Even the doctor thinks I'm getting better. What's the problem?"

"The problem is there's a possibility that if this doesn't work out you can kill me." I pushed him off of me. "We'll go right back to you being possessive overload, controlling me, and arguments that involve you throwing things and me trying to calm you down. Donald you are dangerous, not only to others but to yourself and I just don't want us to go through all this for you to slip back. Your environment isn't positive enough for you to be off your medicine."

I looked down at my hands before he grabbed them and brought my face up. "Baby, I know I traumatized you in the beginning but I believe I can do this. But I can't do it without you by my side being my biggest supporter like you've always been. I have to take a chance otherwise I'll be saying what if all the time.. Please stop crying Arrington."

I looked up at the ceiling for a few minutes before letting out a deep breath. "I don't want you to resent me because I want to be selfish, so I'll support you in stopping the meds. On one condition, you have to still go to your therapist and anger management."

He smiled brightly. "I love you so much. I promise I won't let you down baby."

He hugged me and I rested my head on his shoulder. God I hope this works.

-----

Excuse any errors.