XVI

"Julie, wake up! Get up!" Miranda woke me up by screaming from the living room. I'm guessing my mom wasn't home. I groaned and covered my ears with the pillow beside me. I heard Miranda come running, and then I felt her jump on top of me. "I said get your ass up!" Miranda yelled. I let out a shriek as she pulled me by my legs from the comfortable bed onto the cold hard door.

"What has gotten into you?" I groaned as sat up on the floor. And how the fuck did you get into my house because I'm pretty sure I never gave you the key and that the door was locked?

"You have to get ready." She urged. "We've only got like-"

"Like ten hours. The concert starts at seven." I stated as I grabbed my phone that was charging on my nightstand. The time read 10:25.

"But we still have loads of stuff to do and friendly reminder that there's traffic from here to L.A."

"That's not so friendly." I mumbled as I got up from the floor and walked to the restroom.

"Just get your ass ready." She sighed as she sat down on my bed and pulled out her phone.

"Fine, I'm going to shower." I agreed. She smiled nodding and I walked over to my drawers grabbing what I was going to wear. I walked over to my restroom and turned the shower on. I left the water running while I grabbed a towel. I locked the door behind me and undressed; stepping inside once I was finished.

That shower was so good and relaxing, I could've stayed in there forever but I knew I had to get ready. I quickly wrapped myself in my towel because the air was freezing. I changed as fast as humanly possible, I couldn't stand the cold. I walked into my room and Miranda was asleep on my bed. I must have taken a long time. I didn't want to wake her so instead I just went downstairs and fixed myself a sandwich.

"I thought you'd never come out of the shower." Miranda startled me, as I took a bite, making me almost drop my food.

"You scared me." I gasped as I recovered from my heart attack.

"Are you ready?" She asked as she sat down beside me.

"Yeah." I replied. "Just let me finish my sandwich."

*

Miranda and I hung out at the mall for two hours so, it was about 1:00. Miranda said we should leave about four hours before the actual concert started and I agreed even though I thought that it was too early. But then again I've never been to a concert before so I wouldn't know much. Right now we are currently driving back to my place so I can change into what I bought from Forever 21 and make myself look somewhat decent.

Miranda pulled up onto the side of my house. She told me she was going to go get ready herself and that she'd be back in an hour. I waited for her to leave and then I stepped into my house.

My phone vibrated in my back pocket. I tried pulling it out but I was struggling since I was trying to multitask between opening the front door and holding all my bags. And here I thought I hadn't bought much; I was proved wrong. It all happened so fast that I couldn't keep up and before I knew it my phone was falling out of my hands. I immediately closed my eyes, not wanting to see the death of my phone.

I was expecting to hear a thump signaling my phone had hit the floor, but it never came. Slowly I opened my eyes and saw my phone. It wasn't on the floor though, it was in someone's hand. My eyes traveled up the hand, the arm, and finally met the blue-eyed owner of the sacred hand. Yes, sacred. He just saved my phone. I broke out into a smile as I saw Luke standing in front of me.

"It looks like once again I'm doing all the saving," He smirked. "I'm thinking that I might just have to take a break."

His reference was towards last night.