United Front

The next day after a long day at the studio, Stevie was washing dishes after dinner.
Lindsey was spending some time with Robin playing catch with Robin's pink softball in the back yard. He had been so busy working at the studio that he didn't have time to spend time with his little girl. Now, he was making it up to her.

Aiden had just gotten off of video chat with his friend Owen and he made his way into the kitchen and stood by Stevie. He chewed on the inside of his cheek feeling nervous. Stevie looked at him and saw that something was on his mind. She finished the last dish and wiped her hands dry then turned towards her son.

"Um...mom?" He said nervously.
Stevie smiled a warm smile. "Yes?"
"I was wondering if...if my friend Owen can come over. We want to hang out and help each other out with school work." He said.
Stevie continued to smile; Aiden had told her so much about Owen. She knew her son liked this boy. "Well, tomorrow your dad and I will be at the studio all day and Robin and Karen will be there too. How about you tell him to meet you there?" Stevie said. "You boys will be on your own the whole day. The kitchen is well stocked with food and snacks."
"Thanks mom!" Aiden said and gave Stevie a hug.

Suddenly, they heard Robin's cries coming through the kitchen door. They broke their hug and Robin ran straight to Stevie.

Stevie picked Robin up and held her close; Robin buried her face in Stevie's neck.
"Baby girl, what's wrong?!" Stevie asked worriedly.
Robin picked her head up and looked at Stevie. "Ddadddyyyy...daddy...he hitted me!" Robin sobbed.
Stevie gasped as she saw a big red bump on the side of Robin's forehead.

Lindsey rushed to Stevie's side. "Steph, it was an accident!" He said.
"What did you to my baby!?!" Stevie said her eyes flashed with anger.
Robin began to gasped in between her words. "Dad...dy...hit...ted...me....with...the...ball! He...threw...it...at...me!!!"
"No baby, I threw it to you! Not at you." Lindsey said feeling extremely like a horrible father. "You were supposed to catch it baby girl."
"Daddy's mean!!!!" Robin cried. "I don't like you daddy!" She pointed at Lindsey and she scowled at Lindsey. It was the same expression Stevie made when she was angry at Lindsey.

Stevie had to keep from laughing at Lindsey. She took a deep breath and said. "Robin, baby...it was an accident. Daddy didn't mean it. He would never hurt you intentionally."
Robin once again buried her face in Stevie's neck and sniffled.

Lindsey sighed and walked up to Robin then rubbed her back. "I'm sorry princess. It really was an accident. Can you forgive me?"
Robin looked at Lindsey with the saddest expression. Her tears had slowed down and she sniffled before replying. "Otay daddy...I forgive you." She reached for Lindsey and wrapped her arms around his neck.

Stevie smiled, her heart warmed at the sight of her husband and daughter having a gentle moment together. She then walked over to the freezer and grabbed a little ice pack that had stars and moons on it that they had for Robin whenever she needed it.

She handed it to Lindsey who gently placed it on Robin's forehead. Robin relaxed then as the coolness of the ice pack relieved the bump on her head.

"How about you and daddy wait for me in our bed, and I'll bring up some ice cream for us then we can watch some cartoons?" Stevie said soothingly.
Robin perked up immensely after hearing the words, ice cream and cartoons. "Okay mommy! Come on daddy! Let's go."

Back at Destiny's house, Mathew was nervous about the next day when they would have their meeting with Madison. He laid in bed in their guest bedroom and just prayed that Madison would make this situation a little easier.