Chapter 7

As Isabella realises what Dalton had said she walks up to him, and looks at him in the eyes, making Dalton look downloads, avoiding his alphas gaze.

'I swear to all things holy, if you hurt my best friend I will kill you' Isabella says to him, looking him up and down, then with a slight nod of her head she just stops and casually waits for Dalton to start walking again.

~

As Dalton walked in front of Isabella, a sudden pride swelled in his chest, he could get used to feeling like this he thought to himself. Although Dalton refused to let the power to go to his head because he knew that Isabella could take away his new-found status as easily as anything.

He was now mates to the highest-ranking warrior. Now instead of being one of the pack hunters Dalton would hold more power over them, if only a little.

Isabella being the alpha can take away his status at any given moment, if he angered her enough or gave her reason to believe that he was not worthy of the title. Not like Dalton was going to give her any reason to doubt her.

Dalton thought over what Isabella had said. 'If you hurt her I'll kill you' But even the thought of hurting his mate hurt him. Dalton could never hurt his mate, she meant the world to him even though they just met. He couldn't stand the thought of hurting her or anyone else laying a threatening hand on her.

Dalton could already tell that he was completely and utterly in love with her.

~

As Molly stared at Grace and Dalton with longingness she thought about the previous days. Two of her best friends had found their mates. Molly had only ever smelt her mates scent once, she was at the airport, waiting for her mother and father to return from Spain.

She had smelt his scent as her parents arrived and being really excited to see her parents after two months she completely forgot about it. Molly had only realised that when she got home.

Had she not forgotten about it when she was at the airport then maybe she would already have had her mate by her side. Seeing two of her best friends finding their mates was great, but she wanted that. Seeing them all cuddly and cute together made her want that for herself. Molly doesn't know how Isabella deals with it.

Although Isabella is an alpha after all.