MAGNOLIA HIGH

"Fasten your seatbelts." Ultear said as she starts the engine.

"Done." Lucy answered.

"How about you, Gray? Feeling comfy?" Ultear said teasingly. She was looking at him through her rearview mirror.

Gray snorted, "What do you think?"

Gray was seated on the back seat beside Lucy, while Lyon was on the front seat. Gray was not happy when Ultear insisted to have Lyon sit beside her.

"Well...I think your happy." She answered while winking at him. Gray glared at her but she seems to enjoy torturing him. He sighed and looked outside the window -- trying to ignore the person beside him

Lucy kept sneaking glances at him. She seems oblivious to his annoyance. She didn't notice that she was gawking at him until Gray spoke up.

"Why don't you take a picture, it will last longer." Gray said not looking at her.

Instead of being embarassed, she replied proudly, "Oh, don't worry I already have your picture. I'm just admiring the live version of you. It looks so much better than the picture."

Ultear and Lyon snickered. Gray was so annoyed that he whacked Lyon's head. Lyon rubbed the back of his head

"That hurts."

"You totally deserve it, jerk."

Lyon glared at him but saw how Lucy was looking at Gray with hearts in her eyes and end up laughing.

"What's so funny?" Gray asked.

"Nothing...Just forget it." He shrugged.

"I should've taken the bus." Gray mumbled but Lucy caught it.

"Well, we could take the bus tomorrow, if you like?" Lucy offered.

"No thanks. I'd rather go alone." Gray replied coldly.

"Oh, don't be like that. You'd be lonely. I could keep you company." She said smiling broadly at him.

"Actually, I like being ALONE." He said with emphasis.

"Don't be silly. I wouldn't want you to be alone, so count me in."

"You're not invited." He said monotonously.

"Then I'll invite myself." Lucy responded, clearly unaffected by Gray's sarcasm.

"Can't you catch my drift, woman?" Gray said, exasperation evident in his voice. "Why don't you just give up already?" He added.

"Giving up is not in my vocabulary, Gray. And besides, I don't want to ruin my plans in the future." She said confidently.

"What plans?" He asked curiously.

"Plans for us?"

"Us?"

"Yes. You know, getting married and having kids." She said while blushing in the end. She grabbed her cheeks thinking about their future.

He flicked his fingers in front of her. "Wake up! You're I-N-S-A-N-E. How can you plan those things when we're not even dating?"

"So...do you want to start dating now?" She said facing him with her eyes sparkling, hoping that he would say 'yes'.

"Not in a million years, Lucy. Can't you see that you're not my type?"

"You're just saying that, but I know deep inside you like me too." She said while pouting her lips and crossing her arms.

Ultear and Lyon burst out laughing. "You two are soo cute." Ultear said.

"Yeah. And why don't you give her a chance, Gray. Stop hiding your feelings." Lyon added.