UNPREDICTABLE

"What's taking them so long? I'm hungry!" Natsu whined. He turned his gaze to Erza. "Can't we just start eating?"

Erza just ignored him.

"And here I thought you are Lucy's bestfriend." Cana said.

"It's not a crime to be hungry!" Natsu said. "And besides, Lucy would be happy to see me eating the lunch she gave me." He said defensively.

"You already devoured it on our way here Natsu. There's nothing left for Lucy to see, honestly!" Lisanna said in irritation.

"I did?" Natsu asked in bewilderment.

"How can you forget eating Lucy's food?" Mira said.

Natsu sniggered. "My mind must have been wandering off while I was eating the food."

"And what were you thinking that made you forget what you are doing?" Cana asked.

"Uhmm...not sure. But, I was probably thinking about Lucy." Natsu said. "I must be worried about her."

Everyone snorted.

"You have a weird way of showing your concern to Lucy." Bisca said.

Natsu just grinned.

"Do you think everything will be okay?" Mira asked Erza changing the subject.

"I hope so." Erza answered.

"I still don't think this is a good idea having Yukino and Lucy on the same table." Cana chimed in. "Even the boys steered away from us to avoid the drama."

Erza turned her head to the Lamia Scale's table where Loki, Gajeel, Alzack, Elfman, and Lyon were all sitting. She also noticed Juvia sitting beside Lyon.

"Seems like Juvia will not be joining us as well." She said.

"No surprises there." Cana said. "Wherever Lyon goes, Juvia follows." She added.

"Does Lucy know that Yukino will be joining us?" Lisanna asked Erza.

She shook her head.

"This is bad." Cana said.

"Stop being so negative, Cana. Who knows? Maybe they won't even join us for lunch after what happened earlier." Lisanna said.

"I won't count on that." Cana said. "Gray's walking through the door with his precious girlfriend as we speak." She said while pointing at Gray.

They all turned to look at Gray. He waved at them.

Mira gasped. "And look who's coming at the other door." She said.

They turned their heads to the other side and saw Lucy walking with Levy. They watched as Lucy froze when she meets eye with Gray. Gray also went stiff when he saw Lucy.

"This is not good." Cana murmurred.

"I concur." Mira said in a hushed tone.

Cana noticed that Levy and Lucy are having a discussion. It seems like Levy was trying to explain something to Lucy. Suddenly, Lucy laughed at something Levy had said. She nodded then began walking towards their table. Gray did the same.
----------

Lucy froze when she saw Gray walking with Yukino and Minerva towards their designated table.

"What are they doing here?" Lucy muttered under her breath.

Levy bit her bottom lip. "Err...I forgot to tell you that they'll be joining us for lunch today."

"How can you forget such an important thing." Lucy said gritting her teeth.