Chapter-3

I was shoving my books into my locker when, someone decided to play the "let's interrupt Crystal's peaceful existence" game. I turned around to find the Greek gods themselves standing before me. Yeah, you heard it right, the walking demigods of our high school or more like a squad of trouble with abs.

Confused as to why they were gracing me with their presence, I noticed the entire student body passing by shot me weird looks, some even glaring. The girls, in particular, were giving me the stink eye.

"Hi, Baby doll," Noah chirped, snapping me out of my daze.

"Hi" Blake chimed in. I glanced over and noticed two more dudes casually hanging out behind them. And this is our friends," Blake said, introduced and I was left standing there like a clueless emoji, pondering why this quartet decided to grace me with their presence and what on earth they wanted.

"She's cute," the blonde one, apparently named Raymond remarked, eyeing me up and down. (Note to self: Learn names. Horrible at it.) Blake promptly smacked him on the head.

"Thanks?" I replied, the uncertainty dripping from my voice. Compliments were like rare gems in my world, and I wasn't entirely sure how to react. Blushing? Why was I blushing? Was that a thing people did when they got compliments?

"Princess, head to class. We'll catch up in a bit," Blake ordered, his tone carrying a mixture of authority and nonchalance. Not in the mood for an argument, I complied and left for my class. I returned to grab my book to see that they were in a serious discussion.

"Alright, cool buddy, no flirting with her" Raymond declared, raising his hands in mock surrender. Parker seemed like he wanted to say something but halted upon noticing me. Suddenly, all heads turned in my direction like I'd accidentally stumbled into a secret meeting, and I felt a wave of awkwardness wash over me.

"I did tell you to go to class, didn't I?" Blake questioned, arching an eyebrow.

"I came to grab my book," I retorted, showcasing my textbook and rolling my eyes. His attitude was a puzzle wrapped in an enigma.

"Come on, let's go," Blake said, sliding his arm around my shoulders. I swiftly manoeuvred out of his grasp. We had most of the classes together.I couldn't shake off the confusion surrounding his sudden change in attitude. Was he genuinely nice, Or this is the real him what others say may be a facade he puts which I am yet to discover.At lunch, we were minding our own business at our usual table, enjoying the serenity until the disruptors arrived.

"Can we join you guys?" Noah asked, the excitement practically bubbling out of him.

Before my brain could process a diplomatic objection, Emma, in a moment of unparalleled generosity, declared, "Why not? Of course, you could." I facepalmed, knowing this might lead to chaos.

"Why are they here?" Matt whispered to me, his confusion mirroring my own.

"I seriously don't know," I sighed in frustration as Blake casually took a seat next to me. The entire cafeteria stared at us in shock.

"Why are you here?" I asked, irritation bubbling up. Seriously, wherever I go, they are there.

*rolls eye*

"Can't friends have lunch together?" Blake asked casually, as if this was the most natural thing in the world.

"But they are your friends right?" I retorted, pointing to the bitches of King High. If glares could kill, I'd be six feet under by now, courtesy of the venomous looks I was receiving.

"Nah, they were never our friends," Raymond chimed in, his expression resembling someone who just bit into a lemon.

Soon, they seamlessly integrated into our gang, even Matt seemed to be waving the friendship flag. As we chatted, I realised they weren't as bad as I had initially thought. However, during the entire exchange, Blake's intense gaze was locked on me.

The bell mercifully rang, concluding our lunchtime escapade. For the next class, I had Jessie and Ella as my partners in crime, and out of the blue, Ella decided to play Cupid.

"He has something for you, Crystal," she declared, pointing dramatically at Blake.

I nearly choked on air. "What? Blake having something for me? That's like saying unicorns moonlight as stand-up comedians!" I exclaimed with a theatrical eye roll, wondering if my life had taken an unexpected turn into a quirky sitcom.

"Did you see the way he was looking at you?" Jessie said, her cheerfulness almost contagious. I just rolled my eyes at them. These girls and their wild assumptions.

The school day finally came to an end, and I found myself in the comfort of my room, indulging in a classic Friends marathon. Suddenly, my phone beeped, a text from an unknown number lighting up the screen.

"Princess?"

I recognised that endearment anywhere. No one else would dare to call me that.

"Blake? How did you get my number?"

"That's for me to know and for you to find out."

"Whatever -_-"

"Why?"

"Tutoring duty, remember? ;)"

"Yeah, okay."

"Good night, Princess."

"Goodnight, Blake."

I saved his contact as 'Jerk' with a smirk. I continued watching Friends, but boredom struck, so I switched off the TV and decided to call it a night.