Page 25

After I got home from work I walked into the house ready to go straight to my sha-bed. I was surprised to see rose petals and candles making a trail on the floor. I followed the trail into the kitchen where I found Lucas sitting at the table waiting for me. When he noticed me he quickly stood up. "Oh hey baby,let me take this for you." He said referring to my purse and jacket. After putting them away he came back with flowers in his hands. " Babe,what is all this for?" I asked him. He pulled out a chair for me and answered, " Because, you deserve it." I pecked his lips and sat down. He sat down and smiled at me. I looked down at my hands before he lifted my head up making me look at him. He smiled and kissed my cheek. "I know you've been through a lot and I know its been hard trying to raise your son basically by yourself. I want you to understand that you are no longer alone and that I really do love you. I will be here for you through thick and thin and I don't care what anybody has to say or what think about me and you because honestly it's none of their business.Now I say all that to say..........Let's eat!" I laughed but I thought to myself why I thought he was gone get on his knee?