1

CHAPTER ONE

~ 2 Years Later ~

16 Years old

It's been exactly two years since I arrived at Orochimaru's hideout. Two years since I began my training, and my path of darkness. Two years since I've seen Sasuke, and told him to come back to this same base in two years, which is now. Everyday, I anticipated his arrival, and as soon as he got here, my plan would be put into motion.

At the moment, I was sitting on my bed, meditating, practicing strengthening my inner demon, like Orochimaru had taught me how to do. As it turns out, I am my own demon, my mother was her own demon, my father was his own, and my sister her own. That's what makes the Daku so special. Mother darkness is one of the original elders of the clan, and my body was promised to her, but I'm allowed to let her leave at any time, though I allow her to stay since she is not a nuisance.

Orochimaru had taught me a lot just by researching my clan. Of course, his ways of researching were very questionable, but I've learned many things, like the fact that double jutsus aren't the only special ability my clan has, there is one more that I've learned.

As I was sitting and thinking, I felt a chakra signature, one that I've grown to hate even more than I did when I'd first encountered it, began to make its way toward me. Kabuto. Within a minute, he was at my door, and knocking loudly, making me want to stab my katana through the door and end his life right now.

"Lady Daku, Lord Orochimaru requests your presence, immediately. He says that it's time for you to repay him for these years of training." Kabuto says. I can't see his face, but I knew he'd be smirking right about now. I sigh heavily and place my feet on the floor.

"Yeah, whatever. Tell him I'll be there in a minute." I grumble loudly enough for him to hear me. I hear Kabuto sigh agitatedly before walking off back down the hallway and most likely back to Orochimaru's room, where he was getting worse by the day. I quickly changed from my sleep wear into my normal short black kimono and black shorts with Orochimaru's signature purple rope, before dashing out into the hallway, making lefts and rights before I finally got to Orochimaru's room. Just as I was about to enter without knocking, I heard Kabuto's distressed voice, so I'd decided to listen.

"- brat, I've had enough Lord Orochimaru, and you're getting much worse. It's time to do it now, you can't wait any longer." Kabuto says with a hint of agitation evident in his voice. I narrowed my eyes and tried to figure out what they were talking about. When Kabuto had stopped speaking, I could hear ragged breathing coming from Orochimaru, he'd been doing that a lot lately.

"Don't you think I already know that? Why do you think I wanted her and the Uchiha in the first place? Why do you think I trained her body to perfection, and helped her with her kekki genkai? She's valuable, and she's going to be my next body, after I extract her demon first, of course. Tell the guards to help you attack when she gets here, you're going to need the help." I hear Orochimaru seethe, which I've only ever heard him do when he was truly agitated or angry, or maybe worried. I worry him.

"Yes, Lord Orochimaru." Kabuto says, and then I presume he went to go and get some guards because I hear echoing footsteps. I crack my knuckles soundlessly before pushing the doors open to Orochimaru's room. His head snaps up and a smirk spreads to his lips. He was sweaty and even more sickly looking than he usually is.

"Ahh, hello my dear. How are you this fine morning?" Orochimaru asks, now hiding his labored breathing, trying to appear less weak in front of me. I cross my arms under my chest and remained loose, but ready.

"Peachy." I reply shortly, his smirk goes even bigger as he remains to think that I know nothing of his little plan to end my life.

"Well that is outstanding to hear darling, because I've got a lot planned for you today." Orochimaru says as he hangs his head a bit lower, causing a dark shadow to cast on his face, as if to intimidate me. I ignore his attempts and keep my posture the same, my face the same.