9

CHAPTER NINE

~ The Next Day ~

"WAKE UP CRIMINALS, TIME FOR YOUR TRIALS!" Someone suddenly screams, and clanking sounds are heard. They were now opening our cells and taking us out for these trials that Ibiki spoke of yesterday. I groaned lightly enough to where I couldn't be heard and just laid there, but that was short lived. The jingling of keys was getting closer, and then the creaking noise of my cell door was made.

"Daku, get up, now." Another random shinobi, either jounin or anbu, I couldn't tell, demanded me, which pissed me off. I'd heard that same sentence about five times in the past couple of days, and each time someone demands it of me, I could not do so, so what makes right now any different?

"How many fucking times are you idiots going to demand that of me before you realize that I can't fucking move?" I growl as I turn my head to look at the shinobi, who was now full on glaring my me from the doorway. He stalked into the room quickly coming up next to me before raising his leg and kicking me in the same place the last one had. I groan lightly and hold my ribs as he jerks me up quickly before dragging me out of the cell and throwing me onto the floor, where I just laid there.

"That wasn't very nice!" The shinobi screams at me, walking past my crumpled form on the floor. I heard Karin gasp and Jugo growl lightly. I, with much struggle, flipped over to face them. Itachi had a black eye and dry blood under his nose, but I'm sure I was a lot worse, because the way that they looked at me made me think just that. Itachi was genuinely worried, and Jugo looked livid, but I just shook my head at him.

"Go and pick that scum up off of the floor. Lady Tsunade, the elders, and the rest of the town are waiting." The same one that had just thrown me on the floor orders two ninja standing by the stairs. They nod simultaneously before walking over to me, and to my surprise, pulled me up a bit more gently than I was expecting. We were then led up the same stairs, then through the Hokage's office, out of the Hokage building, and through the center of town.

As soon as we'd reached the spot, our legs and hands were tied and we were shoved down onto our knees, which I was okay with, because I couldn't stand anyway. My eyes scanned the large crowd that had gathered, and sure enough, standing there at the front was Sasuke and Naruto. Sasuke looked angry, so angry in fact that he was about to rush at one of the ninja that was carrying me, but Naruto held him back. Naruto himself held sadness in his eyes. Naruto then whispered something to Sasuke, and Sasuke immediately stopped struggling, and his eyes moved back to me.

"Just what in the hell did you do to the two of them?!?" Tsunade bellows as she walks in front of Itachi and I. We were all in a line. Karin, Suigetsu, Jugo, me, and then Itachi. Tsunade then continues to yell at the ninja, but I wasn't really listening. I needed to lay my head down, so I tilted to the right slightly and laid my head on Jugo's shoulder. He eyed my bloody face worriedly.

"I'm fine Jugo, just tired." I tell him, trying to ease him slightly. It seemed to do the trick because his tense shoulders relaxed slightly, ultimately making it easier for me to rest.

"If you say so." He says and lays his head against mine. Suddenly, the murmurs of the crowd halted, and it was dead silent.

"We will now begin the trials going down the line. Karin Uzumaki, you have been convicted of working with Orochimaru, working with the Akatsuki, and assisting in the murder of Danzo. This classifies you as an S-Ranked criminal.

Suigetsu Hozuki, you have been charged with working with Orochimaru, working with the Akatsuki, stealing a sacred sword from a grave, the executioner blade, and assisting in the murder of Danzo. This classifies you as an S-ranked criminal.