12

CHAPTER TWELVE

"Do you remember Sasuke, about seven or eight months ago at the most, when (Y/n) first rescued us from Orochimaru, the day you tried to get her to come back with you to the village? The day you told her that you loved her. Do you still?" Jugo questions menacingly. Oh no, oh no, oh no. This is bad, not good, not good at all. Sasuke tenses and his hands grip the edge of the table so hard that his knuckles turn white.

"Jugo, you can't just-" I begin, trying to break the tension, but Sasuke cuts me off with a small chuckle. He lets out a deep sigh and releases his death grip from the table before deactivating his sharingan. He then sends a glance my way, then stares Jugo dead in the eyes.

"I love her as much as I did in that very moment, if not even more, if that's humanly possible. I never stopped loving her, you, and I won't ever stop, even if she, you don't love me. Even if she, you hate me." Sasuke says, swapping back and forth between Jugo and I as he speaks. I stare at him wide eyed, my fork hanging mid-bite.

"Little sister, do you love him?" Jugo asks me suddenly, throwing me under the bus. My body visibly goes rigid, and when I didn't answer right away, a look of hurt flashed through Sasuke's eyes, and I can't have that. I placed my fork down with a loud clang, causing Sasuke and Jugo to jump.

"Like I said that day, idiot. Would I be here right now if I didn't?" I say as seriously as possible, staring Sasuke in the eyes. He lets out a sigh of relief before scratching at the side of his head sheepishly.

"I don't think so." He says after thinking for a second. I let my shoulders drop their tension and pick my fork back up before piling some food on it and shoving it in my mouth.

"Then shut up and eat." I say after I swallow the mouth full of food that I'd just placed there. After a moment of silence, Sasuke seemed to perk up and his head snapped towards me, a glimmer of hope and excitement in his eyes.

"Does this mean I can sleep in your-" Sasuke begins, but before he could even finish his sentence, Jugo cut in.

"No. Not as long as long as I'm living here, and I won't be leaving anytime soon." Jugo says in a deep threatening voice, completely out of character for him, and all for me. It goes silent once more and I let a laugh escape my lips, the situation was pretty funny. The air suddenly goes stiff and Jugo's and Sasuke's eyes snap to me, their mouths agape and eyes wide. I suddenly stopped laughing, thinking that something was wrong, and stare at the two in confusion.

"No, no, don't stop. That was good. I've just never heard you laugh before." Sasuke says suddenly, a massive grin now spreading across his face. I felt my cheeks go a shade darker, a small blush.

"Neither have I." Jugo says as he stares at me in awe. Then, in that very moment, it had dawned on me just how void of emotion I'd been for the vast majority of my life, all the way up until now. It was really depressing and sad, all of the laughs and smiles I could have had, but I was being held back, blinded by rage and hunger for power.

Before I started to cry, I quickly shoved some more food in my mouth, focusing on the movement of my throat, and controlling my breathing. Sasuke and Jugo knew that there was something wrong, but silently agreed with each other not to push it, which I was grateful for. After we'd finished dinner, Jugo and Sasuke helped me with the dishes, as well as cleaning the kitchen. Then, it was time for showers and bed. I led Jugo and Sasuke up the stairs and stopped at sister's old room.

"Jugo, this is your room. It was my sister's old room. Decorate it how you wish, just don't break anything. The bathroom is this door right here, right in front of yours." I explain as I push the door open to reveal the clean, tidy room that had been dusted earlier today. Jugo nods his head and takes a step closer to the door.